+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Mobile November Release in Technical; I dont know much about Sims, my current manager is off ill for abit and has upgrades sims on PC's ...

Thank Post

Sims Mobile November Release

I dont know much about Sims, my current manager is off ill for abit and has upgrades sims on PC's but didnt upgrade it on the PDA (I think its November 08 )

The PDA's seem to be throwing an exception that the versions dont match (as old software still on PDA) so can anyone give me pointers on how to update the software on the PDA's?

Thank Post
    The newest version of the Pocket PC app is 2.0.3226 as far as i'm aware. There should be an updated cescab.cab for the clients included in the newest release media. Either run this on the pocket pc by copying the file via activesync or from an SD card then launching from file explorer and it will upgrade the previous version
    Last edited by rpenhale; 5th January 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the info! would the web config need updating? if so how? plus is it a big file as I m just going to hope the CD is in our sims server CD drive!

Thank Post

In case you did not read these ...

Quote Originally Posted by FragglePete View Post
    SIMS Mobile = Useless. As I said earlier, very clunky interface and has been given back to me by PE Staff as unworkable.

Looks like we're going to drop it completely. I need to look at other solutions.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-bromcom View Post
    Hi Mcshammer_dj,
    I have had a look round and see you and others are right in reporting that our link is broken. donít worry I have reported this to our webmaster and they are looking into the problem (Iv been told it should be working again tomorrow morning) but in the meantime please use the link below which will give you what you was hopping from the Bromcom website.

http://www.bromcom.com/case_study/pd...n%20Manor).pdf

SchoolITLackey,
    In reply to your question about direct read/write into the sims.net database, we would need to install a small piece of software on a gateway computer (an office PC but a dedicated machine would be better) which will give use the ability to interact via the 3rd party agreement with Capita. Yes any data changes would be REAL TIME without the need to have the Bromcom Attendance solution installed.
    The only platform restrictions are Windows Mobile 5 / 6 on a Smartphone device, which your school / college can provide from any Mobile phone operator.
    In case you did not read these ...

Thank Post
    The simsconfig.xml file on the PPC should not need updating, the cab file is 2.15mb. Also on the server the SIMS mobile configuration application has to be run once to update the APIs before things will work properly, this has to be done after each new SIMS release is installed. Make sure you can log into the SIMS Mobile web server from the Pocket PC to make sure you don't need any proxy exceptions or the like as well.

Thank Post
    I cant seem to find the CD anywhere has anyone got the cab for the november release or know where I could possibly download it from?

Thank Post
    You seemed to reply at same time! I ll also look on our server, what is the exact name of this cab file?

Thank Post
    I found the cabs but they are from the summer upgrade we did so does anyone have a copy of the November mobile release handy, would be alot of help.

Thank Post
    cescab.cab is the name of the Pocket PC application installer

Thank Post
    I ve found that file but previous person has only put the June release and not the November release on the server. I cant find the CD anywhere, is it possible ot email me or PM me the file?

Thank Post
    I may have missed something, has the updated server version of SIMS Mobile been installed as well? The 3.2 SIMS Mobile server side needs to be updated alongside the main SIMS November release. If you dont have the server updates I suspect you will struggle. From experience I have found the clients still work on an earlier release of the Pocket PC SIMS Mobile but the server had been updated to the SIMS Mobile 3.2 release. I think it best you give distribution@capita.co.uk a mail and they can send you the new CD release.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread