+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, RM Integris/G2 - LA Support Query? in Technical; Hi All, YOu might have seen me thread on the "New Users" forum, just thought I would explain my reasons ...

Thank Post

RM Integris/G2 - LA Support Query?

Hi All, YOu might have seen me thread on the "New Users" forum, just thought I would explain my reasons for being on here.

I have 11 years experience, from leaving school I went to MIS Support as a junior, did that for 4 years, then did 3 years network management in Primary sector for the whole of my authority, then came back to MIS Support as the manager.

While in the middle of managing the migration project from Integris Classic to G2, I also started RM Kaleidos installations for the whole of our Authority. I personally tended to the installations and the support which has been created from it, if you need any help or just to share practises I'm mroe than happy.

I Am on the hunt for all Integris Schools, in all but the Secondary sector (i think SIMS is better suited to Seconday... personal opinion). I want to know if they receive support from their Authority and whether its any good - i'm hoping to be able to improve it.

Take care guys

Last edited by Phil_pjb; 6th January 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_pjb View Post
    Hi All, YOu might have seen me thread on the "New Users" forum, just thought I would explain my reasons for being on here.

I have 11 years experience, from leaving school I went to MIS Support as a junior, did that for 4 years, then did 3 years network management in Primary sector for the whole of my authority, then came back to MIS Support as the manager.

While in the middle of managing the migration project from Integris Classic to G2, I also started RM Kaleidos installations for the whole of our Authority. I personally tended to the installations and the support which has been created from it, if you need any help or just to share practises I'm mroe than happy.

I Am on the hunt for all Integris Schools, in all but the Secondary sector (they should be using ANYTHING but Integris). I want to know if they receive support from their Authority and whether its any good - i'm hoping to be able to improve it.

Take care guys

We are an Integris junior school. The LA supports Integris. We are still on Classic, although I understand all office staff in the LA went on training for G2 at least a year ago. Not sure if our secondary schools use Integris or not. LA also bought Kaleidos for all schools, secondary and primary. They installed the data extraction software, and some training has been provided, but schools are in charge of their own rollout. I don't want to pass comment on the level of support provided. However, I am very pleased to hear you've joined Edugeek!

Thank Post
    Hopefully I will come in handy.... can I ask, does the LA provide support directly for all MIS functions?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_pjb View Post
    Hopefully I will come in handy.... can I ask, does the LA provide support directly for all MIS functions?
    Yes. But they have also given me a customer number for the Kaleidos part of the contract and I am able to contact RM direct for that. However, frustratingly, RM Kaleidos support folk don't know Integris...!!

Thank Post
    is it the 4040000 number?

It is a little weird that RM LP team don't really know Integris, there is a lass on the team, i think the only female on the support desk, she tends to be very good (don't want to mention her name on here.... for obvious reasons) otherwise, i'm open to questions - it is afterall why i'm on here :-)

Thank Post
    Hi there,

We've recently integrated our learning platform with Integris G2 with a school over seas via PHP scripting and SOAP to extract user and group data to csv.
    There have been obstacles to overcome (mainly the configuration on the Integris G2 client side by the school in order to give us the correct access).
    All is working really well and I must say, the Integris G2 support for us has been good. The school we deal with receive direct support from Integris G2 and not
    any governing body.

Again, like Phil, I'll keep my eye out for any questions you stick in this discussion just incase I've came across the same problem and can help especially
    on the authentication side of things.

Adam

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread