+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Mobile 3.0 Error in Technical; Ok just started installtin this app Been through the server installation - all went well But got problems with the ...

Thank Post

SIMS Mobile 3.0 Error

Ok just started installtin this app
    Been through the server installation - all went well
    But got problems with the post-installation checks

Open up IE, goto http://<simsserver>/CMSMobileAdmin/Login.aspx
    Type in the username/password as instructed but then get the following error...

Server Error in '/CMSMobileAdmin' Application.

The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:

[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +551208 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +204 MobileSerAdmin.AuthService.AuthService.GetAuthoriz ationTicketWA(String userName, String password, String DeviceSerial) in C:\Apps\CES\CesE-Reg\SERVER\MobileSerAdmin.root\MobileSerAdmin\Mobi leSerAdmin\Web References\AuthService\Reference.vb:308 MobileSerAdmin.Login.Authorised() in C:\Apps\CES\CesE-Reg\SERVER\MobileSerAdmin.root\MobileSerAdmin\Mobi leSerAdmin\Login.aspx.vb:273 MobileSerAdmin.Login.cmdLogin_ServerClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Apps\CES\CesE-Reg\SERVER\MobileSerAdmin.root\MobileSerAdmin\Mobi leSerAdmin\Login.aspx.vb:216 System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +107 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
    Now, from what I can see, the error seems to be with the path highlighted in red above.. THis isn't where I Installed it!
    I installed it to the default location of C:\Program Files\CMSMobile\

Have Capita Hardcoded this path in? if so - how can I change it to the correct path.. or is there something more sinister going on?

Help!

Thank Post
    Isn't SIMS mobile still beta? Won't a post on Capita be better\log a call on SupportNet?

I would check IIS and see if they've actually installed it to C:\Apps (virtual directorys)

Then check the folder permissions (and again on IIS)

Thank Post
    It would - if my LEA hadn;t taken umbridge at me having a SupportNet account and made Capita delete my account :|

Checked IIS - Path is the one I installed to - not the one referred to in the Error..

Thank Post
    OMG that's really bad. We don't support all the "bits" Capita does, so they have to get that bit directly support from Capita. Even so, we still highly recommend schools get themselves a SupportNet account.

I don't think I've got access to the Mobile bit of Capita. So I can't help.

Thank Post
    trying to re-register but not hopeful

Thank Post
    Ok spoke to Capita and very shortly after got an email back - basically telling me to change the IP of the default website to {All Unassigned}.

It worked!

Till i tried to add a user account then got this error..

Server Error in '/CMSMobileAdmin' Application.

The file '/CMSMobileAdmin/Templates/templates.name.ascx' does not exist.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/CMSMobileAdmin/Templates/templates.name.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/CMSMobileAdmin/Templates/templates.name.ascx' does not exist.] System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualP ath virtualPath) +1945171 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildR esultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +111 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildR esultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualP ath virtualPath) +76 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) +23 DBauer.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarGridHelper.Dynamic ControlsPlaceholder.RestoreChildStructure(Pair persistInfo, Control parent) +355 DBauer.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarGridHelper.Dynamic ControlsPlaceholder.RestoreChildStructure(Pair persistInfo, Control parent) +766 DBauer.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarGridHelper.Dynamic ControlsPlaceholder.RestoreChildStructure(Pair persistInfo, Control parent) +766 DBauer.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarGridHelper.Dynamic ControlsPlaceholder.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +209 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +186 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(Ar rayList childState) +136 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Objec t savedState) +224 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +439 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1092

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Argh!

Thank Post
    Hi Gatt,

If you let me know your name/contact details I'll get someone to call you and get your SIMS Mobile system up and running.

Regards,
    Jonathan Wood
    SIMS Product Manager (Technical and Releases)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread