+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, dbUpload in Technical; I've had a few school need to upload there data to Capita, which is a pain. First download FileZilla and ...

Thank Post

dbUpload

I've had a few school need to upload there data to Capita, which is a pain.

First download FileZilla and 7-Zip. Next run dbattach, then encrypt the backup, using 7-Zip (as a Zip with AES 256), then use FileZilla to SFTP to capita, the email\fax them the password.

I miss dbUpload. I love the KB -

KB72563 - Love it. Did the product manager get sacked?

I've started making me own. Single .exe again, but a single panel. Hopefully the instructions will be v.basic, if any, as it's so simple to use.

Thank Post
    Hi Matt,

Did you get anywhere with this? We don't have to do it very often, but an automated process would make it a little less painful. You missed a step by the way: rename the zip to reflect the Capita case number.

TBH it wouldn't take much to knock it up as a batch file: 7-Zip has good commandline options and although FileZilla's are rubbish, PSFTP's seem fine.

Next time I have a spare few hours, i.e. probably never, I could also do with automating the process of moving our live SIMS data over to our SIMS test/training server.

Thank Post
    Pretty much got most of it done, just getting aes encryption built into it and a bit more GUI stuff. Should be a single .exe (maybe a few dlls)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information