+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims problem after August update and hotfixes in Technical; Hi, wish I had not come back to school today - second problem looking for help on edugeek for. Sims ...
    Thank Post

Sims problem after August update and hotfixes

Hi,
    wish I had not come back to school today - second problem looking for help on edugeek for.
    Sims August update ran ok on main sims servers but sims is not right on our citrix servers on curriculum side. I put a lot of 2003 security updates on these servers over the summer. When i did sims upgrades on these last week it seemed to go ok and you can login to sims and it shows the right version but...
    Whenever you launch sims on the server you get a quick flash of a screen showing august upgrade running before the sims logon screen.You can login to sims on the server ok though. When you connect a station to citrix it now tries to install sims workstation on it even though it should just connect through to the citrix server. Tried re -running sims upgrades on the servers - simsinst and simsappication setups but to no avail.
    Struggling to get in touch with LEA support and nothing on capita site.
    Question - is there a recommended list anywhere of 2003 hotfixes compatible with sims?
    I may have to take all security fixes off which will take ages - assuming they are the problem. Either that or the sims does not like our old version of citrix.
    Any ideas - thanks Mark

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maark View Post
    Hi,
    Whenever you launch sims on the server you get a quick flash of a screen showing august upgrade running before the sims logon screen.
    I'm not sure about the rest of your problems but we get this quick flash - its basically just checking with the server whether there are any updates!

Hope you get sorted!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just to get this straight. You have run the updates, when you use the server interactively you can use sims as normal, but when you use it via citrix it tries to up date it again? As kiran said the flash of the white box is normal, but you shouldn’t see it installing again once you have already done it.

Thank Post

solved

Hi,
    solved this - it was a citrix fault - nothing to with updates. Our old citrix setup did not like the new august sims update. Had to republish application in citrix and that solved it,
    cheers Mark

Thank Post
    most likely caused by the introduction of the new SIMSCENTRALSERVER.exe which modifies the way that the workstation upgrade process is carried out??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread