+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Lesson Monitor Timetable Structure in Technical; Hello We will be using Lesson Monitor via the SIMS webparts this September for the first time. Please find attached ...

Thank Post

SIMS Lesson Monitor Timetable Structure

Hello

We will be using Lesson Monitor via the SIMS webparts this September for the first time.

Please find attached what the current school timetable looks like via Lesson Monitor and the webparts:. What I want it to look like is

AM Registration
    Lesson One
    Lesson Two
    Lesson Three
    Lesson Four (PM Session Registration to take place in this lesson)
    Lesson Five

Can somebody please let me know how I change the current structure on the attached to match the above: i.e. Move AM Registration to the start and remove PM registration.

I have had a quick look around SIMS and can't find where to make the changes. I am sure once I make the changes to SIMS it will reflect in the webparts.

Thank Post
    You have to change the timings of the lessons in Nova T and send that back to SQL.

Also check Tools|Setups|Lesson Monitor Setups!

Thank Post
    Yup. Look at the Nova T guides. It's near the begining if I remember correct.

Thank Post
    I think i've sorted the PM session but they are others reporting the AM session issue on the support.net forum so it may be a wider issue.

Thanks

Thank Post

How do you change the timings of sessions?

Hi just wondering how you change the time of sessions in nova t6? Really what I want is for the am session to be taken in period 1 (but not show up as a separate 'column' in lesson monitor) and to alter the current time of the pm session. No-one at our school seems to know how to do this. I've had a quick look in nova t6 manual but can't seem to find where it details this procedure.

Thanks,

Chris

Thank Post
    Go to into sims .net and sort out the am and pm slot to do this go to tools-setups-lesson monitor options and select all your am periods and pm periods and make sure the a and p are in the right place. The other thing that may be causing this is session marks to am and pm registration.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbuc01 View Post
    Hi just wondering how you change the time of sessions in nova t6? Really what I want is for the am session to be taken in period 1 (but not show up as a separate 'column' in lesson monitor) and to alter the current time of the pm session. No-one at our school seems to know how to do this. I've had a quick look in nova t6 manual but can't seem to find where it details this procedure.

Thanks,

Chris
    You can't hide the AM column as per say- you can get Lesson Monitor to automatically use P1 marks for AM and it will copy those marks across when it has them!

The PM session time can be changed by "Data|Export Curriculum & Timetable to SQL" in Nova T6 with the option of changing the times in there somewhere.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kiran; 14th March 2009 at 12:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi, sorry about this - only just learning my way around novat.

I don't really mean to hide the am session column but what I want is for staff to be using the am session column to take the lesson 1 register instead of having 2 separate columns and 'copying' the marks on save.

Where abouts in novat are the configuration options for the am and pm sessions?

Thanks for your help...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbuc01 View Post
    Hi, sorry about this - only just learning my way around novat.

I don't really mean to hide the am session column but what I want is for staff to be using the am session column to take the lesson 1 register instead of having 2 separate columns and 'copying' the marks on save.

Where abouts in novat are the configuration options for the am and pm sessions?

Thanks for your help...

I don't think you can't do what you want!! (But you can do it the other way round if you want; by going into Sims.net Menu|Tools|Setups|Lesson Monitor Options and selecting all your am periods and pm periods.

Lesson Monitor has been designed so that schools with no formal AM registration (in the form of tutor period), can have their period 1 marks automatically used as their AM reg mark eliminating the time need for AM reg.

Hope this helps [- I really can't understand why you would want this unless you have AM reg and they stay with tutor groups all morning?? ]

For Nova T6 PM Reg timing you need to in Nova T6 Select Data|Export Timetable Cycle to SQL and choose “Export Timetable Cycle to SQL”. Click OK. The dialog “Define period times for timetable cycle” is displayed.

PM me for further details if you want!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread