+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Local SIMS in Technical; Just copied the SQl database to my machine, copied the whole sims directory (from s drive) to my machine also. ...
    Thank Post

Local SIMS

Just copied the SQl database to my machine, copied the whole sims directory (from s drive) to my machine also. Changed the connect.ini to point to my sql instance.

But when I try and log into it I get the following error.

"Sims connection failed for Login XXXX, reason:0"

Anybody tell me what I've done wrong. I'm doing this because I want a Test environment for staff members to get used to lesson monitor (rolling it out next term).

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Thank Post
    Advice Fix 1

The machine may be pointing to a incorrect networked Connect.ini file and therefore cannot see any SQL Server or Database. Delete the Connect.ini from e.g. C:\Program files\SIMS\SIMS .net and then run SIMS .net and select the correct Connect.ini from e.g. S:\SIMS or alternatively create a local connect.ini and enter the correct SQL Server and Database name.

Fix 2
    Stop and Restart SQL Server - The SQL Server may not be running

Fix 3

The error can also be an indication that the upgrade has been run, but has been unsuccessful.

Please check the version of SIMSSQLApplicationsetup.exe in the setups folder is 1.558.12 (for August 2007 release) or 1.0560 (for September 2007 release) then run this to upgrade to version of DBupgrade which should be 2.11.10.24603

Then run Dbupgrade.exe manually from e.g. D:\Program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn

The list of upgrade files will be shown or there may be a message about a User already logged in. If Users are detected, a Force All will need to be run to exit the Users out of SIMS to allow the upgrade to commence (requiring the SA logon credentials). This Force All option will appear automatically if Users are detected as being logged in.

Fix 4

If fix 3 does not resolve the issue please run SIMSApplicationsetup.exe from the setups folder

Fix 5

If the error still occurs and you installed SQL 2005, but not via one of our installers then please follow KB71936

Fix 6

This error can also be caused by a corrupt user in the users table. If all other users can login to the system OK please re-create the user that is getting reason 0

Fix 7

Please reboot the server and try logging in to SIMS.net

Fix 8 THIS IS ONLY RELEVANT IF PASSWORDS HAVE BEEN RESET

This problem may be due to the Domain Control settings policy with the School.
    The reason for this is because the school's policy does not allow the password to be reset more than a certain number of times within a specific time-frame.
    This issue will be resolved in the June 08 release. (only if Reason 0 occurs after resetting passwords)
    This problem will need to be resolved on the domain server prior to running the June 08 release
    Fix 9

Check there is sufficient space on the partition where SQL is installed. Also check the system partition has sufficient space as temporary files can be created during the backup.

Check the size of the SQL Log file eg SIMS.LDF. If excessively large use SHRINKDBLOG.BAT to shrink the log file.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread