+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, MR and MRS Prefix on Student Names in Technical; Hello One and All I lovely little feature of SIMs that has just been brought to my attention is some ...

Thank Post

Question MR and MRS Prefix on Student Names

Hello One and All

I lovely little feature of SIMs that has just been brought to my attention is some students in certain areas (ie new academic set ups for the next school year) a student will be called MR or MRS alongside students who are just featuring forename / surname as they should be

Any ideas where i can delete this unpleasent addition to our student data

Thanks all

Teaboy!

Thank Post
    You can't remove it, it's due to linking them to something but I can't quite remember what at the moment. It may be if they are their own contact, but it's been a while since I last looked into it.

3. Thanks to DMcCoy from:

Teaboy (11th July 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanks

I had a look at that and found they where their own contact (their own father in some cases) but deleting those hasn't seem to have worked

Thank Post
    KB63979 - Student has a title, but does not appear in the list of contacts - Sims.net
    Created 07/12/2006
    Last Updated 04/06/2008
    Affected Products SIMS .net Installation & Upgrade
    Notes
    Student is appearing as a contact but does not appear in the list of contacts.

Student is showing as Mr, Dr or Mrs in the blue bar at the top of the student details screen. etc.

Student showing as contact
    Student is a Contact
    Student has Title
    Advice
    Please follow these steps.

1. Take the route focus | person | contact | NEW.

2. Please insert the student surname required in basic details, this should bring them up in the matched people browse. Select them from the matched people and click continue.

3. This will take you to the contacts screen, in here remove the title from the record.

4. Then take the route tools | housekeeping | delete unlinked contacts. Search for the student and then delete the record.

After this has been done the student will no longer appear as a contact and will not have a title.

If this does not resolve the Issue please log a call with the Service e Desk quoting this Issue Reference.

A site specific patch will be required to resolve. If you are getting a fault code when applying this solution again please log a call with the Service Desk and send in Data for a site specific patch to be created.

Star 7 - Student Details
    Notes
    SIMS .net
    Student is a Contact
    Focus | Student | Student Details
    Focus | Person | Contacts
    Pupil is appearing as a Contact in SIMS .net
    Student appearing as a Contact
    Pupil is appearing in title bar as Mrs or Mr
    In Matched Students appears as a 'Contact/Student'.
    Student appears in Student browse and Contact browse
    Students name is appearing incorrectly
    Pupil has a salutation of Mr
    Pupil has a salutation of Mrs
    Advice
    It is quite possible and a CTF requirement allows students to be linked to other students and themselves. For example, a sixth form student may well be an emergency contact for a younger sibling.

It is also possible in the contacts screen to have contacts with no title and existing contacts can be edited to remove a title.

Please note the following instructions:

Example: Pupil / Student is appearing as a contact in SIMS .net i.e. Mr Ben Abbot

1. Go to Focus | Person | Contacts | New – find the student that is showing as contact i.e. Mr Ben Abbot and select this.

2. Remove the Title ‘Mr’ and Save.

3. Also from the Associated Students section, highlight the Student ‘Ben Abbot’ delete and Save the record.

4. Now in Focus | Student | Student Details – student shows as ‘Ben Abbot’ as expected.

In order to remove the student from showing as a contact in Focus | Person | Contacts use Tools | Housekeeping | Delete Unlinked Contacts routine.

Please also see KB63979 if the student DOESN'T appear in the list of contacts

If this solution and KB63979 does not resolve the Issue please send in a copy of the schools data for a site specific patch will need to be created.

6. Thanks to DMcCoy from:

Teaboy (11th July 2008)

Thank Post
    Worked! Brillaint Cheers for your help!

Thank Post
    Just copy/paste from Capita

I suggest anyone supporting sims who doesn't have a login goes to support.capitaes.co.uk and signs up for one. It does need to be verified, but you can use the knowledgebase without having direct sims support from capita.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread