+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Performance Management Software in Technical; Are you using software/web service to support staff performance management? If so, what is it and how would you rate ...
    Thank Post

Performance Management Software

Are you using software/web service to support staff performance management? If so, what is it and how would you rate it? So far, I have found Paragon. Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi meastaugh,

I am doing some research for my school on software which serves the entire development cycle of the school, including PM, CPD etc. The best I have come across are SchoolCentre, Blue Sky and bluewave.SWIFT. All seem to have very good customer service so you can ring them up and ask everything their systems do and the two blues do online demos but SchoolCentre only does an on-site demo.

Hope this was helpful

(ps. first post)

Stephen

Thank Post
    We use Bluwaveswift here.

It does an awful lot and people who use it frequently like it. The interface is not always the most intuitive for staff who just use it for PM but nothing a good help sheet can't fix (really need to write a good help sheet).

Thank Post
    May be worth noting that Capita are integrating Performance Management features in to SIMS to combine with the teacher performance related pay side of things. The features will be available for non-teaching staff to have data recorded too. Speak to your friendly Capita / council rep for more details!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Bluesky and for teachers lesson observations - St Paul's Professional Centre -- Online Lesson Observations: Overview

Thank Post
    We use Schoolcentre here. Staff sometimes report it is slow and sometimes they have lost work they have spent time adding to the site, we don't think it's related to our network or our internet connection as staff lose work on their home connection too.

We had to change the way we recorded things to fit in with the Schoolcentre way - it does have some flexibility but not as much as we would have liked. We use it for School Development Plans, School and Departmental SEFs and Performance Management.

The SDP's and SEF's work better for us than the PM part. I think originally you had to pay for everything, but the last I heard they either have made it modular or are going to in the future which means you only need to pay the cost for the bits you need.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    May be worth noting that Capita are integrating Performance Management features in to SIMS to combine with the teacher performance related pay side of things. The features will be available for non-teaching staff to have data recorded too. Speak to your friendly Capita / council rep for more details!
    I went to a Capita SIMS update meeting last week and we saw screen shots of this. The interesting point was that it required a new licence to run but that the cost was expected to be nominal and a one-off only. No definite figures were given but I got the impression that it would be in the region of 500.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number34 View Post
    I went to a Capita SIMS update meeting last week and we saw screen shots of this. The interesting point was that it required a new licence to run but that the cost was expected to be nominal and a one-off only. No definite figures were given but I got the impression that it would be in the region of 500.
    The new staff performance enhancements to SIMS Personnel are available for a one-off fee of 500 per secondary school and 200 per primary school. These costs do not incur an additional annual entitlement fee.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread