+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS SOLUS update failures in Technical; Has anyone had difficulty downloading the June or May release of SIMS via SOLUS? We are getting The downloaded file ...

Thank Post

SIMS SOLUS update failures

Has anyone had difficulty downloading the June or May release of SIMS via SOLUS?

We are getting

The downloaded file SIMSApplicationSetup 1.566.13.0 to 1.568.10.0 Upgrade.EXE has failed its digital signature check.
    SOLUS will not continue to download new files from this web site.
    Please contact your technical support provider.

about a quarter of the way through the download each time, and have been trying it on and off for a couple of weeks now.

Thank Post
    I've just downloaded the June update to check and it came through fine. We get our support direct from Capita though - if you're supported via your LA you will be hitting their servers instead of Capita's

UPDATE: I checked the downloaded files in the setups folder and we don't have the one you named, so presumably it relates to the May release which we already have installed.
    Last edited by sahmeepee; 25th June 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFopp View Post
    Has anyone had difficulty downloading the June or May release of SIMS via SOLUS?
    Nope, no problems - we hadn't installed the May release either, but both the May and June releases seemed to install with no problems.

The downloaded file SIMSApplicationSetup 1.566.13.0 to 1.568.10.0 Upgrade.EXE has failed its digital signature check.
    Odd - I assume the error message refers to said named file stored in your SIMS/setups folder. The files I can find in our SIMS/setups folder start numbering at "3.60.009 to 3.61.001 upgrade.zip", dated 27/01/2004, and end at "3.99.501 to 3.99.502 Upgrade.zip", dated 16/04/2008. All files also have an associated.signature file. Odd, the numbering we have doesn't match yours in any way.

Can you find maybe find the "SIMSApplicationSetup 1.566.13.0 to 1.568.10.0 Upgrade.EXE" file (and .signature file?) and delete it? Would that make sure SIMS actually tried to download the correct one?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Packetloss, CRC errors?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Odd - I assume the error message refers to said named file stored in your SIMS/setups folder.
    The files are actually downloaded into: SIMS\Setups\{long string of characters}\

If you tell SOLUS not to install the updates and just to download them then you will be able to see the folder and files - otherwise it will finish the install and delete them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sahmeepee View Post
    If you tell SOLUS not to install the updates and just to download them then you will be able to see the folder and files - otherwise it will finish the install and delete them.
    This is all sounding familiar - I vaguely remember having to upgrade SIMS about a year ago (before we moved to a shiny new server) and having this problem. I seem to remember solving said problem by ringing up Capita and getting them to put the appropriate upgrade files on their FTP site for us to download manually.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread