+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIM May Upgrade Issues!!! in Technical; Just applied our May upgrade this evening, this is my first SIMS upgrade becasue we've only just started to migrate ...

Thank Post

Thumbs down SIM May Upgrade Issues!!!

Just applied our May upgrade this evening, this is my first SIMS upgrade becasue we've only just started to migrate from CMIS and already several errors. Has anybody come across these:

1: When doing the dbUpgrade part of the upgrade it crashed out with the following error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "S:\SIMS\Setups\3.99.501 to 3.99.502 Upgrade.zip" is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at SOLUS.LocalPackage.copyDatabaseUpgradeFilesToSIMSS etupsFolder()
    at SOLUS.LocalPackage.applyPackage(String& errorMessage, SecurityModeEnum securityMode)
    at SOLUS.SOLUSWizard.applyAllPackages(Boolean ask)
    at SOLUS.SOLUSWizard.validateStep(Panel& nextPanel)

2: Moving on...... I decided to run the upgrade again, got to the part where is install the Document Server update and it crashed with a different error:

Failed to upgrade using: SIMSDocumentServerInstaller 1.566.11.0 to 1.566.12.0 Upgrade.EXE

Now when I run SIMS I get "A critical error has occured in the homepage and it is shutting down" and I don't get anything on the homepage.

And just for good measure, now when I try to view staff or student data for example it crashes again

Fault Code: 3418-2889-9000
    Procedure or Function 'dm_pix_cache_populate_710' expects parameter '@user_id', which was not supplied.

There is nothing on SupportNet about that (that I can find)
    Last edited by adamf; 24th June 2008 at 09:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Have you got permissions to access and write to

S:\SIMS\Setups\

??

Thank Post
    My first bet is that you need to sort your permissions out!

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "S:\SIMS\Setups\3.99.501 to 3.99.502 Upgrade.zip" is denied.

Thank Post
    I think we had this problem and it was not due to permissions as I checked them. Unfortunately I cannot elaborate on it as we got our county support to fix it remotely. I do believe it was something to do with a corrupted update download.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    Just applied our May upgrade this evening, this is my first SIMS upgrade becasue we've only just started to migrate from CMIS and already several errors. Has anybody come across these:

1: When doing the dbUpgrade part of the upgrade it crashed out with the following error:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at SOLUS.LocalPackage.copyDatabaseUpgradeFilesToSIMSS etupsFolder()
    at SOLUS.LocalPackage.applyPackage(String& errorMessage, SecurityModeEnum securityMode)
    at SOLUS.SOLUSWizard.applyAllPackages(Boolean ask)
    at SOLUS.SOLUSWizard.validateStep(Panel& nextPanel)

2: Moving on...... I decided to run the upgrade again, got to the part where is install the Document Server update and it crashed with a different error:

Failed to upgrade using: SIMSDocumentServerInstaller 1.566.11.0 to 1.566.12.0 Upgrade.EXE

Now when I run SIMS I get "A critical error has occured in the homepage and it is shutting down" and I don't get anything on the homepage.

And just for good measure, now when I try to view staff or student data for example it crashes again

Fault Code: 3418-2889-9000
    Procedure or Function 'dm_pix_cache_populate_710' expects parameter '@user_id', which was not supplied.

There is nothing on SupportNet about that (that I can find)
    Welcome to the world of SIMS, I am sure you will be very happy here!

/sarcasm

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    we had the upgrade fail, and were told to get everyone off the system and run the upgrade again (whether the council IT team had done something remotely in the mean time), but the second time it worked. The homepage error is if a client attempted the upgrade once the server had failed.
    the homepage and other errors are because the upgrade has partially been completed but still has errors.
    not sure what to suggest as we were just told to get everyone off and run the upgrade again, and it worked.

Thank Post
    make sure you have .net framework 2 installed. I know that not having it causes all sorts of issues after the may upgrade

Thank Post
    Problem 1. This looks like either a permissions problem or possibly that the files have become read only.

Problem 2. Caused by running the upgrade a second time. The first time the updrade ran SIMSDocumentServerInstaller.exe in the temporary upgrade folder was upgraded from version 1.566.11.0 to 1.566.12.0. The second time it was run, it tried to run the 1.566.11.0 to 1.566.12.0 update again, but the .exe was already at version 1.566.12.0 so couldn't be applied. Delete SIMSDocumentServerInstaller.exe from the temporary upgrade folder before running the upgrade again. The upgrade will then copy this file from the setups folder into the temporary folder which should be the correct version to upgrade.

Problem 3. Looks like the database and application files are out of sync

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread