+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Document Server & bypass proxy server for local addresses. in Technical; Hi, putting a tick in 'bypass proxy server does indeed fix the issues with the document server that seems to ...
    Thank Post

Document Server & bypass proxy server for local addresses.

Hi, putting a tick in 'bypass proxy server does indeed fix the issues with the document server that seems to have been caused by the May release. However I have since found that when we restart the workstation either the logon script or GPU from within server 2003 removes it again and my county techs do not seem to have found out what causes this yet.

As this is very annoying for the staff to keep having to put the tick back in each time they start their PC's up I wondering if anyone out there with any clues to putting this 'tick' in automatically at each startup?

I have compared the logon script with another schools server that doesn't have this issue and I cannot see any difference...
    Thanks..
    Chris

Thank Post
    Hi, I am am still awaiting a fix with this problem, it happened at the time of the May update and I still cannot find where at the point of logging in this tick is placed back in. Trouble is there are other network programs that use http that do not fuction unless the tick is in 'bypass proxy server', the May release has totally borked things up!!
    Chris

Thank Post
    I think we fixed this issue within a couple of days. If you let me have your details I will get someone to call you and sort it out.

Thank Post
    It's definitely fixed as of the May re-release - we were in the same position as you where ticking the box borked other stuff. Nobody should be running that version of the May release now AFAIK - it was pretty buggy as I'm sure Phil will concede.

Thank Post
    I see that there is obviously a problem related to the upgrade but can I suggest the following area in GP may be some help?

User Config,
    Windows Settings,
    Internet Explorer Maintenance,
    Connection,
    Proxy Settings,

Then go to the exceptions part on the right hand side.

Don't know if it helps?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superfletch View Post
    I see that there is obviously a problem related to the upgrade but can I suggest the following area in GP may be some help?

User Config,
    Windows Settings,
    Internet Explorer Maintenance,
    Connection,
    Proxy Settings,

Then go to the exceptions part on the right hand side.

Don't know if it helps?
    Hi, thanks for your help, this is quite a big issue as it is preventing network programs that require the 'bypass proxy server for local address enable' from working. If I put the tick in place upon next reboot, or login, it is removed again. I cannot find any reference to this in the logon.kix, all I know is that it affects all users.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Thank Post
    Hi,

Have you tried putting the change into a group policy as suggested by superfletch. I do this for my curriculum PCs as it controls the proxyserver and home page as well. I have tried this fix for the release in question and it works and have asked the county to set up a GPO to configure this (and other things) as it is there server.
    By the way I note that you are using a .kix script is there anything in this that is reseting the options or are you running something like deepfreeze which is reseting the PCs back to some set point

Cheers
    Peter

Thank Post
    Hi Peter, and once again thank you for your help, I wish I could find the Internet Explorer Maintenance, Connection, Proxy Settings within GPO, but I can't seem to see them at all.
    Chris

Thank Post
    Hi again, well I found it, unfortuantly it looks like it is setup how it should be with 'Do not use proxy server for local(intranet) addresses' enabled. It then puzzles me why this is disabled when I log on.
    Cheers,
    Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread