Sorry I can't help you but if you post the same question on SupportNet you are quite likely to get a response.
My very first post, so I look forward to talking to you guys or gals.
We have a school who have been using FMS.net, on Monday there PC crashed with BSOD (hardware issue we believe). We now have a brand new PC for them and everything has been reinstalled, SIMS.net is working fine but FMS is not, we cannont login using the original users.
Now we think that maybe this is because the data was not dettached properly obviously because it just died.
So, has anyone got any experience of this we just want to get the origianl users logging in again.
By the way I look after the techie side of things in our LEA and I don't have a clue when it comes to SIMS & FMS, I am posting here in hope.
Don't suppose you installed the May Release at the same time did you? - If so, the only account that'll log in is sysman until the others are are re-enabled.
This very much depends on whether the PC that crashed 'hosted' SIMS/FMS on it prior to the crash, or whether the databases are held on a server.
In addition, It also depends whether your FMS DB is now hosted on SQL 2005, or the original SQLAnywhere.
If the DB's are hosted on a server, corruption is very rare even if the PC is saving data at the time of the crash, as the SQL server sees this as a non-complete sql query and logs it then ignores it.
I suspect that the problem is not necessarily the DB, but the connection to it.
If you can tell us the exact setup, we'd be able to help a bit further.
... the May update has broken FMS (SQL 2005) on our workstations. I did the upgrade this morning and now workstations error when trying to do anything. they can log in but as soon as you try to do anything they bork out.
Database held on the server, FMS works on the server but not on the workstations. Everything else OK.
Can't find a solution on Supportnet and wanted it working before the inevitable outcry on Monday morning.
We got that error once on every machine we migrated to FMS SQL on but it 'went' away after a reboot!
Something tells me its going to come back and eat me!
I've had no other reports of problems with FMS associated with the May release and we met late on Friday to review all issues. I'd be grateful if you get a support call logged so that we can investigate.
Fixed my problem.
Re-installed SQL Native Client and all is well now. Don't know why it fell over in the first place though. I didn't even think about that whilst I was looking for solutions the other day but a fresh look at it this morning got me thinking that it may be a side issue and not a problem directly related to the SIMS update.
Last edited by Heebeejeebee; 19th May 2008 at 07:56 AM.
Thanks for all the replies, but one of our SIMS support team has solved it (well put a workaround in place)
Logged into FMS, renamed the dodgy/broken accounts, then created new users with the original name.
Everything seems to be working OK, fingers crossed.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)