+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Nova-T Licence Media in Technical; Okai, sorry for this, firstly I will stress I am NOT asking for someone to break the law, but... We ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Nova-T Licence Media

Okai, sorry for this, firstly I will stress I am NOT asking for someone to break the law, but...

We used to (read many moons ago) use Nova-T for Timetabling (read something like 2003) and we occasionally go back into it to read the timetables from bygone years. We no longer have maintanance on it due to us having CMIS instead for our MIS (we never had Sims anyway it was always standalone).

The PC that had it on and was working fine has expired and the HDD expired and as a result we needed to reinstall, and we have the media still but its demanding a licence floppy. Does anyone know if Capita will give us this disk again (or supply us a replacement of it for a few quid) as with most floppy disks its been misplaced, eaten by the dog, or disposed of due to it being a FDD! I must stress we are not wanting to upgrade to the newest version or anything like that we just want to be able to re-open the ye olde version we have.

The files are too old to open with CMIS (plus the staff that use these old timetables don't have access to CMIS and won't be getting access) so conversion to the new stuff isn't an option.

I have left a message for Sales to contact me about it but thought here may have a quicker solution or our resident Mr Capita may be able to help.

Thank Post
    If you email me your details and the version that you are using I'll see what we can do.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Hi Phil, many thanks for the reply I may have solved it today, I found a ye-olde hard drive that used to be used by a member of the SMT years ago in the safe and when checking the files on it I found a Novat folder and in that is the licence file that it was asking for so I may have solved if it I can just pickup that file and drop it on the new install it may work.

But if not I will drop you a line, the word I had from sales today was oh well pay the backdated maintancne since we stopped subscribing and then we will upgrade you and let you have the new version or try and sort you out a copy of your old licence file.

I can see why this would be said ( signs in Capitas eyes and getting us back listed as a user) but to me this is like VW saying to me that i own my car but just cause I lost the car keys I can't have a new set even if I can prove (and there records) show that I own the thing and its mine.

I can get the fact we can only use a 5/6 year old version I am happy with that but its just the openeing of these files as there are so sepecific to each program that I feel that Capita (and RM and Serco for that matter) should make a free reader that can open them in some form of read only mode to allow people that no longer have the software to be able to at least read them. I couldn't even sway it by the fact we are still a Capita customer as we have another product from them with maintance, fine not NovaT but its still giving 6/700 a year to Capita for it so we are still a customer in that sense.

Anyway I ramble on, if I have no joy I will be intouch with you Phil in the hope you may be able to help me out on this one

Cheers!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread