+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Integris G2 - do i really have to? in Technical; Hello all! I am a technician and look after 7 primary schools in and around dewsbury/batley area. Now, several of ...
    Thank Post

Integris G2 - do i really have to?

Hello all!

I am a technician and look after 7 primary schools in and around dewsbury/batley area.

Now, several of my schools have finally migrated over from the old client integris to the web based integris g2.

I am being told over and over that as an ICT technician i should have to do a course related with G2 so i can use it.

But as far as i understand my job i dont have anything to do with any systems hosted outside of my networks.

I can make sure that the machines are setup to use integris and that they can access the integris website but do i REALLY have to do this course?

I was advised by my line manager not to go near integris and im trying to follow his advice but the heads are beating me back.

Any advice?

Thank Post
    Not sure about that one.
    Could depend on your JD. If you are employed purely as an "ICT Technician" then you are responsible for the day to day runnning of the computers - nothing more.

If you are actually full-on Managing the ICT though, you might have less luck getting out of it.

I agree that, technically, its a 3rd party system which is out of your own hosted network.
    On the other hand, it is operating on your network, and you are most likely responsible for network / software running correctly etc, in which case the training would probably be seen as an essential part of that.

Personally, I wouldn't mind some training on new systems - good to expand your knowledge base, plus you get a "day out" so to speak :P

Thank Post
    I would also welcome the training but I am quite sad and like to take an interest in the MIS. Personally, I would go on the course but ensure that you will not be expected to 'use' the system without the relevant areas being added to your job description and a pay review.

Thank Post
    My JD is purely ICT Technician, theres no admin/MIS side of things even stated in it.

I am sat reading it right now and there IS an administration part of the JD but it states:

operate an efficient system for storage and distribution or hardware and software discs.

maintain an inventory

oragnize repair or replacement of ICT equipment, AV equip and reprographics equip.

make petty cash purchases etc

receive and check dliveries

thats all i have under my administration part, ive looked through the rest and i think if i am going to be asked to do this course etc, as mentioned i might ask for a review.

I still think it si stupid having an ICT Technician be responsible for a system that is simply out of his control, very silly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread