+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Hebron.Net or Furlong Business Solutions SchoolBase in Technical; We have narrowed down our choice of MIS down to either Hebron.net or SchoolBase. We already use Hebron in the ...

Thank Post

Hebron.Net or Furlong Business Solutions SchoolBase

We have narrowed down our choice of MIS down to either Hebron.net or SchoolBase. We already use Hebron in the finance department and is the Bursar's preferred choice.
    My issue with Schoolbase is we still will need to run separate payroll and accounts packages. The teaching side feel that it is really good for tracking, monitoring and reporting pupils grades/assesments. I think much the same could be said of Hebron.net.

If anybody has any experiences with either package in any of the following areas I would love to hear from you:- Pupil database/admissions, attendence, pupil assement and reporting, curriculum/timetabling/ examiniations, finance and support/training provided.

Thanks Magnesium

Thank Post

Hebron.Net or Furlong Business Solutions SchoolBase

We have used Hebron Double First for our accounts for many years and continue to do so. Our new bursar found that there were so many problems with Hebron Windows Payroll, that he has moved to Sage Payroll. The transfer of data payroll to the accounts is a quick manual process.
    Hebron tried to install Hebron.net on our system in its very early days. They could not make it work and we became very disillusioned and abandoned Hebron.net

We have been using SchoolBase very happily for two years and it is very good. It is possible for data to be transfered from SchoolBase to Hebron Double First Accounts, but our bursary team prefer to do it manually. They say it only takes a little time.

I could say more about Hebron, but I would probably find myself in court!

Thank Post

HebronvsSchoolBase

We currently use Hebron Double first for accounts and fee billing and schoolbase for our MIS. Ideally we would get the system integrated and use just schoolbase and we are looking at using Schoolbase for fee billing linked to Sage 50. As always the management of transfering accounts to a new package is a bit of a challenge. We have found that staff enjoy using schoolbase and have found it very user friendly. Double first accounts on Hebron has its virtues and is a reliable feebilling package. However the DOS based accounts package has serious limitations for reporting.

Thank Post

Thumbs up SchoolBase accounts links

As the MD of Furlong, I have a clear interest in your decision but thought I should ensure that you are aware that we can give you a seemless MIS / accounts package. Our link via FeeMaster 200 gives seemless integration from SchoolBase to Sage 200. Alternatively a more cost effective solution is to use Sage 50 where it is necessary to do an export/import routine but no data entry is necessary for Parents, pupils etc. We also link to other third party software such as Beaver Software's Oasis package. We have worked with them to ensure their system can see the SchoolBase data and avoid re-entry of data.

Hope that helps and do feel free to contact me directly on 01264 354111

Thank Post

A comment from Hebron' Chair

As you can imagine, I am concerned to read some of the negative comments about Hebron and our software.

Hopefully, the issues mentioned, and some not mentioned, have long gone.

Let me try and clear the air somewhat.

Hebron Engage (the new name for hebron.NET) is successfully in operation in many schools and colleges, as well as two well known and large School Groups.

Technically, although we could have front-ended existing products, we decided to start again, and created Engage, a brand new product, from the ground up. Entirely written in C#, MS .NET, and Framework 2 and 3. The Engage e-Portal is written entirely in asp.net

Kinny - I am sorry your experience was not good. If there is anything I can do to help, please pm me to let me know. Since 2006 Engage has come on miles and is a truly excellent integrated MIS - otherwise I doubt the two Groups above would not be using it.

I would hope we could show you the issues you seem to have experienced have gone for good, and clear the air.

eBell - Double First, as you say, is a good fees and accounts package, well proven over the years. We are about to launch a major upgrade (free of charge, as all our upgrades are) and you will find the few maintenance DOS elements have disappeared, and many of the recommendations put before us by our School Development Partners have also been addressed.

As I have said, if you would like any specific info, or just a ear to 'shout at', please pm me. If you would like my personal mobile number, it is 07971 171 171.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread