+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Lesson Monitor / "My Classes Today" issue in Technical; Hi I wonder if anybody can help? I have recently deployed Lesson Monitor, and while the actual Lesson Monitor module ...
    Thank Post

Lesson Monitor / "My Classes Today" issue

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help?

I have recently deployed Lesson Monitor, and while the actual Lesson Monitor module works fine (all classes / am-pm registration visible), not all lessons are displayed in the teachers "My Classes Today" area on their SIMS homepage.
    In addition to that, the AM and PM registration periods are not shown either.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

Thank Post
    What version of SIMS are you using? as the Lesson Monitor module (lessonm) has now been replaced with "Take Register" which is interated into teh SIMS interface

Thank Post
    The timetable may not have been reapplied and sent across to Sims.net SQL. As for AM/PM have you checked the Lesson Monitor Setup in Tools>>Lesson Monitor Options from with SIMS.net?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kiran View Post
    The timetable may not have been reapplied and sent across to Sims.net SQL. As for AM/PM have you checked the Lesson Monitor Setup in Tools>>Lesson Monitor Options from with SIMS.net?
    Lesson Monitor gets its info from SIMS .net so i dont think there could be different information between the 2. Running online that is.

BTW if you didnt already know Lesson Monitor 6 support will discontinue Dec 08 according to the Roadmap.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Lesson Monitor gets its info from SIMS .net so i dont think there could be different information between the 2. Running online that is.

BTW if you didnt already know Lesson Monitor 6 support will discontinue Dec 08 according to the Roadmap.
    I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Timetabling is usually done in NovaT, and a common reason why lessons don't some on Sims.net is because it may not have been transfered and applied to Sims.net SQL from NovaT. Lesson Monitor does get the info from Sims.net - but Sims.net in turn get the data from NovaT/Timetabler etc.

Hope that makes more sense.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I've finally worked out that two versions of Lesson Monitor run side by side at the moment (until December 08 - as has just been mentioned). Nice and confusing.

Kiran, I don't appear to have Tools>>Lesson Monitor Options. Do I require a certain permission to see this?

Thanks

Andrew

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amvc View Post
    Hi,

I've finally worked out that two versions of Lesson Monitor run side by side at the moment (until December 08 - as has just been mentioned). Nice and confusing.

Kiran, I don't appear to have Tools>>Lesson Monitor Options. Do I require a certain permission to see this?

Thanks

Andrew
    We not using the old LM6 anymore it confuses staff ... I think the route should always be using the FOCUS MENU >> LM OR the TIMELINE.

To access the Options you will need correct Permissions; and you will need to be in Sims.net not in LM6, although I think you can do from there too; [just to confuse matters]!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kiran View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Timetabling is usually done in NovaT, and a common reason why lessons don't some on Sims.net is because it may not have been transfered and applied to Sims.net SQL from NovaT. Lesson Monitor does get the info from Sims.net - but Sims.net in turn get the data from NovaT/Timetabler etc.

Hope that makes more sense.
    Yeah i kinda thought that, i was just wondering why Lesson Monitor (which gets its info from SIMS .net) would show lessons but yet My Classes Today (homepage) would not (which again gets its info from... well itself). Surely if the timetable was not applied in SIMS .net then you wouldnt get it in Lesson Monitor either.

@amvc: Just wondered have looked at said teachers timetable to see if they have a timetable. Also are they getting their lessons in Lesson Monitor as themselves i.e. in My Classes (in LM6) and it should just show up when they go to Focus>Lesson Monitor>Take Register (LM7)? or do they have to find themselves?

Thank Post
    I think kiran is on the right track as we had a similar problem with AM/PM

The route to this is Tools >> Setups >> Lesson Monitor Setup >> Lesson Monitor Options

In there you need to specify your AM and PM periods (i think you need to select ALL your morning periods (we have 4 periods in AM). and 2 in PM)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    thanks for this information gatt.

I'm rechecking our setup here.

Thank Post
    Hi all

I have resolved my problems! A timetabling error in NOVA-T6 was causing lessons to be missing from the 'My Classes Today' timeline.

Thanks for all your suggestions/help.

Andrew

Thank Post
    I know this is resureecting an old thread, but anyone know what the solution was to this?

Thank Post
    Yes.
    Ensure that the timetable is written and sent to SIMS correctly!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 5th July 2010 at 10:16 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread