+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, FMS - a plea for help! in Technical; Apologies for the vagueness of this post - I have nothing to do with FMS, and thus know absolutely nothing ...
    theeldergeek

Question FMS - a plea for help!

Apologies for the vagueness of this post - I have nothing to do with FMS, and thus know absolutely nothing about it, or much about the content in the following post - I've simply said I would post here in the hope someone might have a clue what I'm talking about!

We have recently upgraded/migrated/moved over (?) our FMS to now work on MySQL (what it was running on before, I have no idea!) Now, as I understand it, we are still running a dual database system, as one part of FMS wouldn't move over (for whatever reason)

The 'bursar' is trying to "recalculate salary commitments" but it just keeps "hanging".

Can anyone possibly shed any light on it at all? It's unlikely I will be able to answer any queries, as I do not know the system at all, but if anyone is able to offer any positive suggestions, then we can try. TIA

Thank Post
    How long is it hanging for? Is she doing it on the server or her FMS workstation?

In the past FMS has hung a few times but always came through OK eventually.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyKGB View Post
    How long is it hanging for? Is she doing it on the server or her FMS workstation?

In the past FMS has hung a few times but always came through OK eventually.
    It's being done on her FMS workstation, and apparently she leaves it for at least 30 mins before giving up.

Thank Post
    I think the next thing is to try it directly on the server

Thank Post
    It might be worth searching support.capitaes.co.uk for a possible solution. There have been known issues in the past with various elements hanging, which capita have released a patch.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    It might be worth searching support.capitaes.co.uk for a possible solution. There have been known issues in the past with various elements hanging, which capita have released a patch.

AIUI, a patch was applied when the move took place.... sorry to be so vague, but the guy who did the upgrade is now away on holiday, and our support contact at the LEA has had a heart attack and is off sick!

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mark80 View Post
    I think the next thing is to try it directly on the server
    Apparently, we can't run from the server as that instance needs upgrading - we are awaiting something from the LEA on this.
    Last edited by theeldergeek; 8th April 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Thank Post
    We had this a short while back after one of the upgrades.. but it got patched by the LEA..

Btw - FMS on MySQL ?? or do you mean MS SQL SERVER 2005?

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    We had this a short while back after one of the upgrades.. but it got patched by the LEA..

Btw - FMS on MySQL ?? or do you mean MS SQL SERVER 2005?

ROFLMAO! I have absolutely no idea! I don't get told about things that are important, despite the fact people then ask me questions about them!

Thanks for trying guys, but to be honest, I'm not going to start messing around with it. It doesn't work, I don't know how to fix it, and although I'd love to try, I'd feel happier if I didn't!

Thank Post
    I'm at a East Sussex school,

I have had a similar issue, can you pm your school and i can give you a ring and walk you through the issue?

Thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Tx2online View Post
    Apologies for the vagueness of this post - I have nothing to do with FMS, and thus know absolutely nothing about it, or much about the content in the following post - I've simply said I would post here in the hope someone might have a clue what I'm talking about!

We have recently upgraded/migrated/moved over (?) our FMS to now work on MySQL (what it was running on before, I have no idea!) Now, as I understand it, we are still running a dual database system, as one part of FMS wouldn't move over (for whatever reason)

The 'bursar' is trying to "recalculate salary commitments" but it just keeps "hanging".

Can anyone possibly shed any light on it at all? It's unlikely I will be able to answer any queries, as I do not know the system at all, but if anyone is able to offer any positive suggestions, then we can try. TIA

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    I'm at a East Sussex school,

I have had a similar issue, can you pm your school and i can give you a ring and walk you through the issue?

Thanks
    Ian
    Thank Ian... YHM

SSD
    Thank Post
    Hi Tx2online
    You mention your contact at the LEA is off sick, have you tried contacting the Schools Service Desk about your issue? If you can't resolve the issue with Ian try giving them a call. Their number is 01273 482519 Option 2.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread