+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Support in Technical; Just got this reply to an issue I have had since January With regards to the above issue raised. We ...

Thank Post

Sims Support

Just got this reply to an issue I have had since January

With regards to the above issue raised. We have sought advice from our escalation department who unfortunately inform us that there is little else we can suggest to rectify the issue. I am sorry that in this case we are unable to resolve this for you as it seems to be related to your local environment.

So they supplied me a fix, then an updated fix which solved the issue but the problem would reappear which they said they couldn't get to happen. Does make me wonder if they will start using the local enviroment excuse for other issues that they can't be bothered solving.

And is it me or are they getting even slower? You phone them up and they tell you to use the web forms, but the web forms are taking 3 or 4 days just to get a response, bit of courtesy would be nice where they at least acknoledge getting the stuff.

Thank Post
    What was the original issue?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    If it's any consolation Simcfc73, there's one school I support out of many who are using Sims.NET and for quite some time they've received a range of error messages performing different tasks.

Their response to these problems are that they're aware of them (so they're listed on the knowledge base), but they don't know what's causing it or how to fix it. Brilliant first class support that

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    What was the original issue?
    Running a report with a UDF, think it was a foreign key error.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts

Question SIMS Support

Hi simscfc73,

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your post but i was going to start one on a similar line.

I want to know who people use for sims support be it capita direct or local support and what your experiences are good and bad.

What sort of service are we getting? What sort of service do we expect? How does it compare to other service providers?

Is it just that the product itself is badly written, implemented, maintained, updated, etc. and that causes support to be poor. Or, are the support teams just not doing what we want?

I think it's a bit of both.

Views anyone...?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Hi simscfc73,

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your post but i was going to start one on a similar line.

I want to know who people use for sims support be it capita direct or local support and what your experiences are good and bad.

What sort of service are we getting? What sort of service do we expect? How does it compare to other service providers?

Is it just that the product itself is badly written, implemented, maintained, updated, etc. and that causes support to be poor. Or, are the support teams just not doing what we want?

I think it's a bit of both.

Views anyone...?
    We use our LA for our SIMS support and I don't have any problems - all issues are generally sorted within a day. Up to now we haven't had any major issues but any issue we have had are resolved either over the phone, dialing in remotely or from an engineer paying us a visit.

Thank Post
    I work very closely with the Bedford Service Desk and they are very keen to provide an excellent service. When I see postings on EduGeek of this nature I always offer to investigate so that we can improve our service but rarely does anyone contact me.

Our Service Desk Managers would like to hear from you if you feel that we have failed and in that way we can help our staff to better meet your needs. Details of how and who to contact are listed in a document in "Sticky Items" on SupportNet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread