+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Parents Evening Software in Technical; We're currently using ParentEve here for management of our parents evenings - however, the consensus between those involved is that ...
    Thank Post

Parents Evening Software

We're currently using ParentEve here for management of our parents evenings - however, the consensus between those involved is that it's carp.

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? Preferable not an online solution, and if it happens to tie-in with CMIS, all the better!

TIA

Thank Post

How can we improve?

Hi Diello,

I represent Millerchip Software, the people who make ParentEve. I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with the software - we try our best to get it right but nobody's perfect!

I'd be interested to know how we can improve the program to make it less of a pain for you to use. If you have a free moment, maybe you could let me know what exactly is bugging you about the software? Then maybe we can help you out by making a change.

If it's a good idea that we can implement, then we'll offer you a free parents' evening so you can test it out and let us know if the fix has improved things for you.

Best regards,

Peter Millerchip.

Thank Post
    You could use Assessment Manager - or the CMIS eqivilant . Set up it and appears on Eportal - it also means you can generate letters, reports etc.

Thank Post
    Has anyone got any parent evening software links?

The one student services are using at the moment is starting to annoy them...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmillerchip View Post
    <-Quoting of unauthorised advert removed->
    Is that a different ParentEve to what he's already said he's using, and what he believes to be carp?
    Last edited by vikpaw; 25th September 2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Unauthorised Advert being quoted - removed

Thank Post
    I was replying to Sippo, not to Diello! I had a chat with Diello privately and I believe we've fixed the specific problem he was having with the software. I was recommending the latest version to Sippo - the one that has the "carp" removed

Thank Post
    SIMS? Assessment Manager to organise a parents evening - please tell me how?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridit View Post
    SIMS? Assessment Manager to organise a parents evening - please tell me how?
    You set up a template for all pastoral tutor groups - with aspects for Time, Date, Location, Attended, Comments....etc....

You then use the 'normal' assessment manager reporting tools to generate letters/postcards / flyers and best of all tutors complete the marksheet and you have central record of whether parents' attended and can generate statistics very easily!!

Thank Post
    I'm sure we've thought about using Moodle for this.....

Thank Post
    NovaP is still available though I have never used it.

Oh Dear! You mentioned CMIS ......... ......... Ah Well!

Thank Post
    I would recommend looking at the Netmedia - Parents' Evening Booking System. It does pretty much what it says on the tin.
    We piloted this application as a large SIMS.net using secondary school. It produces personalised booking info for each student, based on data exported from SIMS.net. We now use it for our Parents' Evening events with great success. It has revolutionised our organisation and management of these events. More details can be found at netmedia.co.uk/pages/parents-evening-online-booking.php.

Thank Post
    I must endorse the response from ihotston. I first came across Netmedia two years ago and we have been using their software at our school ever since. The response from parents has been excellent and it takes all the ownership away from staff and hits the parental engagement agenda. The software works with SIMS and once data has been uploaded to the netmedia site you can make amendments as required.

Netmedia are always prepared to listen to requests and will act on them rapidly; they are always looking for ways to improve their software.

Totally recomend the software and suggest you visit netmedia.co.uk/pages/parents-evening-online-booking.php

Thank Post
    We're currently trialling this system: Parents Evening System - Online Parents Evening Software

It seems quite good, they've been very responsive about questions and suggestions we've had. The only small issue we've had is getting the export data out of SIMS in the right format is tricky.

The proof will be in the pudding after Easter though when we let loose on parents booking!

Thank Post
    Oops?

http://parentseveningsystem.co.uk/freetrial.asp

Edit: Ah, link at top works.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kiran View Post
    You set up a template for all pastoral tutor groups - with aspects for Time, Date, Location, Attended, Comments....etc....

You then use the 'normal' assessment manager reporting tools to generate letters/postcards / flyers and best of all tutors complete the marksheet and you have central record of whether parents' attended and can generate statistics very easily!!
    Responding to an old post.........

Do you still do this, and if so, do your staff fill in the marksheet during the evening or later? It seems a good idea, but as staff don't all have laptops it would logistically be difficult for us to get them filling in the marksheets during parents evening.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread