+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, How difficult is this? in Technical; I'd like to try out a piece of KS3 ICT levelling software before signing on the dotted line as I ...

Thank Post

How difficult is this?

I'd like to try out a piece of KS3 ICT levelling software before signing on the dotted line as I have my reservations.

Our SIMS manager tells me that she can only export 1/2 year groups at a time so that would be six imports. She also says that each class ID would have it's own column.

This seems a bit odd to me - I thought a large database system like this would easily cater for this type of need. Is it not possible with SIMS to export thes whole of KS3 into a single file where each student record contains the ICT class they are a member of?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Sounds like she's using the standard reports and answering a 'what group' question when SIMS asks it. A custom report can do what you want, just pick the fields you're after and specify appropriate filters.

3. Thanks to powdarrmonkey from:

JBrain (24th February 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrain View Post
    I'd like to try out a piece of KS3 ICT levelling software before signing on the dotted line as I have my reservations.

Our SIMS manager tells me that she can only export 1/2 year groups at a time so that would be six imports. She also says that each class ID would have it's own column.

This seems a bit odd to me - I thought a large database system like this would easily cater for this type of need. Is it not possible with SIMS to export thes whole of KS3 into a single file where each student record contains the ICT class they are a member of?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    You should easily be able to do that. Knock a quick report up and export to Excel. I am assuming all you want is:

Surname Forename ICT Class or something similar.

5. Thanks to jcollings from:

JBrain (24th February 2008)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread