+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, February release available in Technical; And it didn't work on my system... think thats every month now....

Thank Post

February release available

And it didn't work on my system... think thats every month now.

Thank Post
    It hasn't been released here as yet but I generally don't have any problems with it. I wonder what the main reason is that certain people have problems all of the time and others dont. I wonder if it depends on the amount of data held / number of students etc or if its a fault when the update downloads from the internet etc.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Our LEA usually set the updates free after they are sure they won't bu**er everything up - so that's another month for us to wait then.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Our LEA usually set the updates free after they are sure they won't bu**er everything up - so that's another month for us to wait then.
    At least your LEA actually give a sh*t and don't try to wash their hands of schools

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I try and run a release behind - so this half term, I will be putting December on; February will go on in the Easter break and so on. This practice has the downside that we don't have the latest features, but the huge plus is that our MIS still works :-)

Thank Post
    I've got a couple of cases still with Sims so I install straight away just in case it fixes stuff that I am waiting soooooo long for them to sort out,

Managed to get it installed. It was the ADprovisioning that failed which seems like its the first thing Solus installs so at least it doesn't crash all the way through. I ended up running the SQL updates with DBupgrade and then running each upgrade exe manually.

Its at version 7.100 now if anyones interested.... and it hasn't solved either of my problems so I'll be uploading 100meg to Capita for the 8th time this year.

Thank Post
    they've just pulled the feb release. i installed it last night. drat.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    I try and run a release behind - so this half term, I will be putting December on; February will go on in the Easter break and so on. This practice has the downside that we don't have the latest features, but the huge plus is that our MIS still works :-)
    We end up with something like this happening, except when updates are need in order for the school census to be completed.

Thank Post
    Do the same here but I've been known to skip some updates depending on what the update does.

There have been a few occasions where i needed to do an upgrade on the weekend cause it was required to fix an issue or was needed for someone to do something.

Thank Post
    We did have to pull the release as a developer had made an unauthorised change to QuickLetter which meant it wasn't throughly tested. If you did download last night then there is a note on SupportNet to explain what can be done.

If your upgrades always fail there is something wrong with your set-up. If you email me with your school details I will get it investigated.

Thank Post
    If only we paid enough money so they could afford to thoroughly test updates before releasing them Oh wait we do pay obscene amounts.

We don't use quickletter so I'll live with the fallout.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    If only we paid enough money so they could afford to thoroughly test updates before releasing them Oh wait we do pay obscene amounts.
    Lol

Not that i was planning on doing the upgrade anyway but quickletter is used quite abit here so i couldnt do it even if i want to.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    We did have to pull the release as a developer had made an unauthorised change to QuickLetter which meant it wasn't throughly tested. If you did download last night then there is a note on SupportNet to explain what can be done.

If your upgrades always fail there is something wrong with your set-up. If you email me with your school details I will get it investigated.
    unfortuantely this wasn't the problem that was affecting us, were showing the same symptoms as KB75811 but the best advice so far has been restore a backup which is something were not keen to do as we will lose a days input into sims.

Thank Post
    Stawberry, I can't see that the advice you were given makes sense. If you'd like to email me I will get this checked.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Good advice!

Remember you DO NOT NEED to install these updates. They are not compulsory.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast