+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS to CMIS - anyone done it? in Technical; Originally Posted by tazz Thanks for all the advice folks. In my 3rd week - no regrets! You were right ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz View Post
    Thanks for all the advice folks. In my 3rd week - no regrets!

You were right about Serco, they are "converting" data for us. Had more trouble getting exclusive access to the sims database files than anything else!

The current school is actually closing down and an Academy will be opening up on the same site - they wanted the new MIS - something to do with being better at handling vertical tutor groups.

I don't think that the Academy will need historical data. All that is being sent to the LA.
    Be aware that if moving from september the academy will need at least the last years historical data in the system in order to do Plasc which accesses the previous datasets attendance figures.

Thank Post

Smile Advice on the switch

As a previous Serco employee and currently a Facility manager at a school, I would be happy to provide any logistical/technical advice on the changeover/running of Facility.

Feel free to contact me on jshephard@aylshamhigh.com

Thank Post

Sincere Thanks

I just want to say thanks for all the offers of support. No doubt I will be asking more questions soon!

The data has been converted and is now in CMIS, but I haven't checked it out yet.

The structure of the Document Storage bit is something I'm interested so I'd be grateful for any pointers with that.

Tazz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz View Post

The structure of the Document Storage bit is something I'm interested so I'd be grateful for any pointers with that.

Tazz
    There is a document available to download from the support website explaining how to set it up.

The process involves copying the documents to a location on the server specified at the set up stage easy, then attaching each document to the relevant student (tedious!).

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ANiceEnglishman View Post
    There is a document available to download from the support website explaining how to set it up.

The process involves copying the documents to a location on the server specified at the set up stage easy, then attaching each document to the relevant student (tedious!).
    This is actually incorrect. Files (including videos etc) can be attached from any location to a student record, the copy is automatically made in the specified location. Any reports generated from Facility are automatically converted to PDF format and attached to the student record, for example end of year reports can be run for an entire year group and are automatically attached to the students record and visible via the web in ePortal.

It is also possible to restrict access to documents to teachers, parents or pupils or any combination of these.

Thank Post
    I am facing a similar issue at the moment..m supposed to join my new job as DATA/EXAMS manager in a school in london that uses CMIS but i have always worked on SIMS so just a little nervous and sceptical. Does anyone have an exams and/or asessment manual that i can get hold of?

Thank Post
    As the other two threads suggest....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12