+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, sims mailmerge help wanted in Technical; Ive created a report with the following info Report Name: Detention Letter Between Dates effective on: 21/01/2008 l Data area: ...
    Thank Post

sims mailmerge help wanted

Ive created a report with the following info

Report Name: Detention Letter Between Dates

effective on: 21/01/2008

l Data area: Student - Population: On roll

l Data Fields: Parental Salutation, AddressBlock; for behaviour of each student where Date is between 17 Jan 2008 and 17 Jan 2008
    and Type is not Internal Full Day Exclusion or Internal Half Day Exclusion: Type, Description, Date

l Filter Students

l Use the default sort order: Surname, Legal Forename

l Default Output: Word Mailmerge
    Duplicates suppressed in complex reports
    Report Title: Detention Letter

When the mail merge is run the parents name goes on the first letter for a student but for each incident after that the address is missing, how could i get the address on each letter?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    just off the top of my head, it sounds like the sort of thing that happens when the checkbox for "suppress duplicates" is checked.
    but, that would imply that the next letter is for the same child / parent combination, just a different incident.

have a look through the report wizard screens and look out the for checkbox, it's normally at the top of the screen in the right hand pane.

Thank Post
    Thanks that did it

Thank Post
    I`ve now been asked if we could list all the behaviour incidents on one letter per student camn this be done?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    hi,
    yes it should be possible to do that. i'm sure that when you want to list them all you have to attack the report from the other direction. i.e. from the behaviour module.

you should be able to set up a report based on the behaviour module, it's the first part of the wizard when designing reports. from there choose the incident information required, and list the student details as part of that.

that should work if i'm understanding you correctly, but i don't use behaviour so not totally sure how the information is stored against the students.

best thing to do is play around with the reports exporting to excel just to check the right info' is coming out before trying to mailmerge. it might be that you can get the report easily in excel, but the process of mailmerging by default treats each line as a separate letter thus, not allowing them all to be listed.

if that's the case you might as well print of the reports as an excel / word list, nicely formatted of course. then run a standard letter mailmerge with just the kids/parents details on. it does mean a little bit of manual collating, but then, that is what 'admins' were invented for. [ducks to avoid multiple punches]

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread