+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Access log in Technical; Has anyone had to use the SIMS access log in anger yet? We have had a teacher query some data ...

Thank Post

Sims Access log

Has anyone had to use the SIMS access log in anger yet? We have had a teacher query some data that she is sure was entered but isn't there now. She has print outs of it and she is actually one of the switched on staff so we are trying to help out. My first thought was Audit trail to show she did or did not enter it. Tried the access log and seem to get the same results back whatever filter I try. The date range can't be changed, well it can but doesn't seem to change the results, and I have a whole chunk of staff who apparently haven't used SIMS since August!

Any ideas or is it a feature that just doesn't work?

Thank Post

SIMS Access Logs work randomly

I've had similar problems - some staff have every move logged, most have nothing at all - date filters don't. I have asked our LA team to investigate. However it's low priority so don't hold your breath.

I suspect the problem is that it is a 'heritage' application interfacing poorly with .net and even less so since the SQL 2005 came on stream. What is needed is a proper .net / SQL version.

According to the latest available Road Map (item 13512 on Capita's Supportnet) a new version is predicted for Autumn this year starting in the August release and adding to its functionality in September. We live in hope...

Thank Post
    Well have found out that it works fairly well, as long as you don't restrict by date. Also the restricting by module is vary bad as you can't tell what module they mean (is Assessment Manager the old app, the analysis or teachers marksheets too?)
    Does seem horribly remiss that something as important as the MIS system has no easy to sort audit trail if someone does something extremely silly or even does something malicious. Unless Capita are trying to cover their own tracks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread