+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Pearson Phoenix E1 in Technical; I know at least one that was originally using e1 and has now moved to something else trouble is that ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    I know at least one that was originally using e1 and has now moved to something else trouble is that as they were an early adopter they didn't have a huge amount of finance or staff training invested in it.

On the other hand if you've made the switch to it invested significant finances and re skilled all of your staff then you have more of an incentive to stay.

The product is still evolving with lots of good enhancements and changes taking place, I don't think it's any worse than any other product just look at the monthly moans on here after updates are released for the other platforms.

At least with E1 being centrally managed and maintained all fixes are tested and applied by Pearson and if any issues are found they are resolved.

Ben

Thank Post
    What is going on with Pearson e1 in Norfolk??

MI Sheets Database

We have been considering Pearson e1 along others for our new MIS. I have just come across this recent notice by Norfolk LA (as seen above). As I understand it Norfolk only recently adapted to use Pearson e1. What’s interesting is that this notice uses words such as ‘Re-Tendering’ and ‘termination’ which gives me the impression that Norfolk are not happy with e1 and seek to change MIS systems prematurely (or at the first opportunity they find). Does anyone have any more info on this? Or on how successful Pearson e1 has been in Norfolk??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The general jist as I understand it is the licence for Phoenix E1 is up next year. So they have to go through a re-tender process and get bids from competing MIS's. All Norfolk primaries use E1 and Pearsons Fronter is our main countywide VLE. So you may hazard a guess that the contract may just go back to Pearsons. But on the other hand you can count the number of secondary schools on E1 on one hand.

It's all very much up in the air at the moment and we are awaiting updates with baited breath.

It makes it all very, very interesting when you, as a school in Norfolk, are currently going through the process of choosing a new MIS...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Thats it in a nutshell the original contract with Pearsons is ending so they have to do a european tender process.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12