+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims promotion in Technical; Hi, I have been going through and doing all the mappings ready for 1st September. I think I have them ...
    Thank Post

Sims promotion

Hi,

I have been going through and doing all the mappings ready for 1st September.

I think I have them all done and my new applicants in set as accepted in a pre admission group.

Do I need to do anything to tell sims to make the mappings go live or will it do this automatically on 1st September?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Hi,

It won't promote them automatically. If you go into Curriculum Assignment by Scheme, select the relevant scheme and click on "Allocate" and then "Curriculum Promotion Wizard", it will guide you through the process. The mappings are what SIMS then uses to put the students in the relevant classes for next year, once you run the promotion wizard on each scheme.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I have them all allocated to the classes for next year through curriculum assignment. Just more want to check that it will show this years year 7's at year 8 next week or do I need to tell it to start using the new academic year. (I have all my promotion mappings done)

Thank Post
    Ah right, you mean pastoral promotion.

Yes it should do, if you want to check just go open up a random student in year 7, under the registration panel click on the history button and then at the top of the box that pops up, change the academic year to next year and see what it says. It should show them in the next year group and relevant reg group for next year.

It should all just roll over on the day that SIMS has been told the new academic year starts.

Thank Post
    Ah excellent, that's what I thought but it had been a few years since I had done it and was worried I had missed a step. Cheers for the help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLong View Post
    Ah excellent, that's what I thought but it had been a few years since I had done it and was worried I had missed a step. Cheers for the help.
    There are a number of new End of Year guides on SupportNet - it's worth taking a look. It has a checklist of things you should do now and also after the first day of term, like admit new students etc. Just put EoY in the search box on homepage.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread