+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Results Day Guide in Technical; I am new to education and this will be my first results day, I need help We use SIMS & ...

Thank Post

Results Day Guide

I am new to education and this will be my first results day, I need help

We use SIMS & Go4Schools

Is there a guide to results day that I can follow to produce how many students get 5+A*-C including English & Maths?

Does anyone have an Excel spread sheet that calculates this data?

Thank Post
    There is a results day survival guide on SupportNet.

Thank Post
    Thank you, I have read the results day survival guide and this was aimed more at the exams officer in downloading the results.

I was looking for a way to calculate the results. I have started a spread sheet using a countIF formula to do it manually.

Does anyone use GO4Schools and import the data from SIMS?

Thank Post
    If you put all your exams results into exams organiser, it will calculate things like 5 a*-c with e&m, capped points score, etc, all in built-in reports. These are at school and student level, and you can calculate them for any random group from the groups browser too.

There's a results in full report too, which may be handy for import to go4schools, depending on the format it likes.

5. Thanks to MattMitchell from:

TheScarfedOne (24th July 2014)

Thank Post
    SIMS will do all of the PI calculations for you without needing to export. We've moved the analysis from Exams Organiser to .net. Check out the release notes. Also ask on SupportNet Forums where you will find experts on Exams.
    Last edited by PhilNeal; 24th July 2014 at 06:30 PM.

7. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

TheScarfedOne (24th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Thank you all.

My manual method of an Excel spread sheet is complete so I know I can calculate the results.

For SIMS and Go4Schools I will play over the next few days to produce the calculations.

Many Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Thank you all.

My manual method of an Excel spread sheet is complete so I know I can calculate the results.

For SIMS and Go4Schools I will play over the next few days to produce the calculations.

Many Thanks
    We use Go4Schools for our internal assessment and reporting but I would not use it for definative PI analysis. Too many qualifications need to be accounted for that do not appear in our markbooks, English Lit for example. We did try last year using it and I spent a lot of time over the summer creating feed rules to generate "ghost" classes so I could assign the correct qualification to them. SIMS is similar as we do not necessarily list all qualifications in Course Manager / Exams Organiser (for example, qualifications taken as part of a day release scheme).

In the end I used SISRA, but even then it took several itterations to get it right.

Last year was my first year, this year I'm hoping things go a little smoother!

Thank Post
    Hi,

We also use G04Schools for our internal assessment & reporting. We will attempt to upload the results into the actual column, then let GO4Schools do the calculations but I have experienced the same problem as you.

I was given the data in a CSV file to upload into Go4Schools as a dry run to ensure it works. I had no problem with subject names that match e.g Mathematics was the same name in the results file however we have so many subjects where the name is incorrect due to Go4schools feed rules, or the subject simply does not exist.

To add to this problem the QUAN codes are also not correct, e.g I have Business Studies using a QUAN code for Japanese. I'm going to spend a long time going through each subject correcting the Quan codes.

I am sorry you have also experienced this, but now I know I am not the only one. I hope this year results day goes smoother for you.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread