+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Reporting in SIMS - cannot seem to filter on new Reg Groups in Technical; The next year's pastoral strucutre has been changed and pupils promoted in preparation for Sept. I am currently trying to ...

Thank Post

Question Reporting in SIMS - cannot seem to filter on new Reg Groups

The next year's pastoral strucutre has been changed and pupils promoted in preparation for Sept.
    I am currently trying to create a report in SIMS that I can run with the effective date in Sept. I can set up the Report fine and if i include a Registration field and then run with a September date this report works as expected ie the pupils have the new Reg classes.
    My issue is that I want to add a filter to the Report so can filter by Reg Group but even when pressing prompt at run time and changing the effective date I only have the current reg groups to choose from and not the new ones. Please can someone help as it is driving me mad!!!!

I have tried:
    • opening an existing report and re-adding in Reg Group filter
    • starting a report from scratch
    • setting my academic year to next year

Thank Post
    Works ok for me. Are the students assigned to the reg groups on the date you are using as an effective date? IE Accademic yr is 01/09 and class association is 03/09. Thus running the report on 01/09 would not give you the choice to select the new reg groups as they are not populated until the 3rd . .

Thank Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    The pupils are assigned to classes - if I filter the report by Year group and include a reg group field the report shows correctly.
    It is when I filter by Reg Group that the tick boxes do not show as correct classes.
    For example the Year 2 classes are currently 2GH 2JB 2EW for next year new classes have been added so they read 2JO 2SW 2JH.
    At the point of running the Report I change the effective date to next year and from the tick boxes of Reg groups to choose from I only have 2GH 2JB 2EW???

Thank Post
    From what date are the pupils assigned to the classes though? The effective date must be selected within their group membership for the reg groups to show up. It is not good selecting 01/09/2014 if the pupils do not turn up until 03/09/2014.

Just a guess but I cannot think what else it would be

Thank Post
    Tools > Validate Memberships

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Just in case you ever come across this issue Capita advised me to include Group Memberships (Historical) blue box in my report and under this select Group name. Now apply a filter to this field (using the red box on the right) as follows: Group type is Reg Group AND Active on is 5th Sept 2014 AND Group Name equals (prompt at run time). Now when running my Report I select an effective date in Sept and type the exact name of the new reg group (eg 2JO) and this works fine.

Thank Post
    Glad you got it sorted, however the standard approach does seem to work fine for the green abbey test database.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread