+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, "Print Timetables" Menu Item Missing in Technical; Hey the front end of SIMs isn't something I've had a huge amount of use with. Since the summer update ...

Thank Post

"Print Timetables" Menu Item Missing

Hey the front end of SIMs isn't something I've had a huge amount of use with.

Since the summer update the our SIMs managers reports>Print Timetables menu item has disappeared. It runs what I assume is a standard report that asked whether she want staff or students then asks for things like year groups. Any Idea where this report/function is?

Thank Post
    EIS Support have been provided with the following information by Capita ...

Reports | Print Timetables can only be run on a 32-Bit workstation. This routine uses timetables from Nova-T4 which is a 16 bit application. 16 bit applications do not work on 64 bit operating systems. From the Summer 2010 release onwards, the routine Reports | Timetables is available from SIMS .net - this is a SIMS .net routine which is not dependent on Nova setups.
    If you are using the menu route Reports | Print Timetables, our advice would definitely be to use Reports | Timetables as this functionality is no longer supported.

3. Thanks to CyberDrac from:

spend_day (11th July 2014)

Thank Post
    OMG... Seriously, have they FINALLY gotten rid of it?! I had this discussion with a high school 4 years ago!! Basically they moved to Win7 x64 and it stopped working and I was like, umm, why are you using the OLD Nova-T4 reports, why aren't you using the NEW reports which is one menu option down with more options? It's been in SIMS .net for ages.

Finally Capita have killed it, YAY!!! I feel we need some cake to celebrate the fill nail in the Nova-T4 coffine - help a guy out @creese, it is Friday after all

Thank Post
    Ah OK, so is there no way of getting it back. its a 32 bit machine and she'll only need it for today. It's kinda important and I don't have time to look up the manual and retrain our sims manager.

Thank Post
    I think you'll spend longer trying to get it to work vs using the new version. In fact I think you've spend longer posting the question vs actually clicking Reports | Timetables (then select submenu item if I remember)

7. Thanks to matt40k from:

Bananas (17th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    I think you'll spend longer trying to get it to work vs using the new version. In fact I think you've spend longer posting the question vs actually clicking Reports | Timetables (then select submenu item if I remember)
    Yeah I've just delivered the bad news. Apparently the ones from reports>timetables>student timetables "don't look right"

Thank Post
    Is there a way of launching NovaT independently of SIMS and running the old style reports directly from there? Although it may just be the time to move on as SIMS distances itself from NovaT

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spend_day View Post
    Yeah I've just delivered the bad news. Apparently the ones from reports>timetables>student timetables "don't look right"
    You've just described why I like ad-hoc reporting over end-user reporting with "pixel perfect" reports - ie you spend all day making it look like the old report. I vaguely remember sivadam posting something detailing how to change the settings so it matches Nova-T4 report. No idea where that is however.

11. Thanks to matt40k from:

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The reports don't look like under the current Timetables menu as SIMS doesn't render them on-screen properly. The text gets cut off and they look very nasty, but once you print they look fine. I had this issue when adjusting cell heights to fit two pages on to one and it did put me off at first, but they came out fine. You can also click Save if you have an admin account and it will save the appearance for all users across SIMS.

13. Thanks to CAM from:

Thank Post
    Final question. anyone know how to save layout settings? I've got to report to how it "suppose" to look and want to export it to excel before printing, and want to save the layout so the manager can just select it and press print. Even after pressing save it's still exports like the default style

Also anyway of getting rid of the date?
    Last edited by spend_day; 11th July 2014 at 10:36 AM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Only the method I described above AFAIK.

Thank Post
    yeah I've saved it and it's confirmed it been saved with the message at the bottom but doesn't seem to want to export to excel or html in the correct format.

Thank Post
    Oh this is going to hurt!

We issue staff/student timetables from the old routine as it will actually put our two-week timetable on one sheet of paper as opposed to two - any layout tips to get it to fit through the new (not new) method?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tombry View Post

We issue staff/student timetables from the old routine as it will actually put our two-week timetable on one sheet of paper as opposed to two - any layout tips to get it to fit through the new (not new) method?
    Here's what ours is looking like atm, just tweeking it and trying to work out how to either get rid of the date or export it to a excel file without it returning to the original layout as we don't want the date at the top.

timetable.jpg

EDIT: I've removed the students name and form for obvious reasons
    Last edited by spend_day; 11th July 2014 at 12:05 PM.

19. 2 Thanks to spend_day:

CAM (11th July 2014), tombry (11th July 2014)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tombry View Post

I use Times New Roman 14, 2 rows, cell height 1.10 and vertical margins 0.15. Supports 7 periods over two weeks on one page.

21. Thanks to CAM from:

tombry (11th July 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast