+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, "Print Timetables" Menu Item Missing in Technical; Thanks gents - I'll add this to my always increasing list....
    Thank Post
    Thanks gents - I'll add this to my always increasing list.

Thank Post
    Capita added a knowledge base article (KB118196) a month ago about removing the date:

"It is not possible to Print student timetables without the page number, date and time being printed at the bottom of the page. If the timetable is exported, the page number, date and time will not be printed. "

... and now that you guys have pointed out to me the old 32bit only functionality has gone, I need to remember why we always ended up using it in september over the new functionality before that becomes an issue.

Thank Post
    Hi all,

I've just been ranting about this on Supportnet.

If you're going to remove a functionality, for whatever reason, to be replaced by new, improved methods then users should be able to replicate the original behaviour.

Teacher Key is too big and not changeable
    Selection Screen works badly
    Title always show as at date, not editable.
    Saving Default template is too easy and could undo another's hard work - Multiple Template Saves would be better....

Gaz

Thank Post
    Not that I'm saying you've left feedback for a "new" feature too late, but... it's been live in your system for 4 years!! FOUR YEARS!!

Clearly Capita need to force people.

5. Thanks to matt40k from:

Bananas (17th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Not that I'm saying you've left feedback for a "new" feature too late, but... it's been live in your system for 4 years!! FOUR YEARS!!

Clearly Capita need to force people.
    ROFLMAO

Thank Post
    Hi Matt,

I can see where you are coming from and totally agree that feedback should be due as soon as a new method comes out.

And I'm the first person to welcome change, believe me...

However, the original functionality was left in the system (for four years!) and I have continued to use this as I find it fits our needs perfectly.

I have nearly made a useable timetable report now from the new method and it'll do. Chris Sherwood has promised that they will look at my gripes as a future project.

Those being:

Save and Load multiple templates - there will be occasions where a different format is required. It's too easy for a member of staff to save the template, destroying someone else's hard formatting work...

When Selecting student by, for example Year(s), the results should populate and replace the Available column rather than the Selected column. This would help if we wanted to pick and choose a few students from Year 7.

The Available Student column should show more detail, particularly Year Group

Student Status should default to On Roll rather than <Any>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to think that with the old method we were able to select students with blank periods? Maybe not though...
    Finally, wouldn't this have been better introduced in the Spring Upgrade? At least then people wouldn't have been in the midst of timetable creation for next year.

I'm quite handy with configuring this type of thing but I'll bet there are some staff who will struggle to make their timetables look right (and that's not being derogatory in any way).

I really don't mean to be a whinger, I love most of what Capita does to improve our lives...

Regards

Gary

8. Thanks to gazskeltz from:

Bananas (17th July 2014)

Thank Post
    I'd like to see more flexibility with some of the print routines. Like printing timetables it'd be nice to be able to quickly and easily remove blank periods (like reg groups) and although they have to be timetabled they don't need to be printed, stupid stuff like that.

Thank Post
    Personally, I want people to suffer. Sorry, but I do. So when the really picky people who struggle with these changes and moan as if the world is ending see a UAT session come up, they're going to jump at the chance and their feedback is going to be fed directly to the developers and be developed into the first release. Now poor Chris Sherwood is going to have to go into a meeting about developer resource with his beating stick and battle to try and get it done - I'll be suprised if he gets it done within 6 months, rather then a week when he was swimming in dev resource (and no user feedback).

God this is a sucky post. Sorry can't post a miracle workaround.

11. Thanks to matt40k from:

Bananas (17th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Hiya, does anyone know how to change the cell font. All of my timetable is in Arial apart from the class details in the cells which are Times New Roman, and the menu to change the font is greyed out (but only under Cell Settings, I can change the font under Layout Settings). Thanks!!!

Thank Post
    It isn't easy to get a 2 week, 4 period day timetable with 3 rows of data per period to print on an A4 2 panel label. It would be good if you could add more spacing between the two timetables to move the second one down to print in the correct position. Another fine improvement, really disappointing change!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And I'm just being asked to display the class code on the timetables... anyone know if this is possible?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12