+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Aspects on Marksheets in Technical; Morning all, My first post here, i have tried to find another post asking the same question but i am ...

Thank Post

Aspects on Marksheets

Morning all,

My first post here, i have tried to find another post asking the same question but i am struggling.

Basically I need to set up new marksheets for next year. We are trying to keep them to a minimum as we have alot of aspects currently in use. My plan was to have 1 aspect to use continually throughout the year for our progress reports (for each year group), then just replace the resultset each new term.

Currently we have TA Sub Grade - Year 7 Spring, Autumn, Summer (As three seperate lists - so they can see afterwards what they had given the students)

My question is, if i only have one list and not three is there a way the teachers can see what grades were previously given without individually clicking each student and finding the result history?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Superius2014; 4th July 2014 at 10:57 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts

Hi @Superius2014 and welcome to EduGeek

I'm a little unsure as to your current methods; changing the gradeset each term sounds like a difficult way of doing things!

What I do (and I think is the way it's generally done), is to create an aspect for each subject I want to collect TA for, and link them all to the same gradeset (this makes comparison easier as well as allowing you to tweak to levels if you need to, which we all will do soon!).

So for instance, I'll have 3 aspects: "English TA", "Maths TA", "Science TA" tied to a gradeset called "KS3 Sub Levels".

At KS3, we tend to do one TA per term, so I have set up 3 resultsets per year group, e.g. "Y7 TA 1", Y7 TA 2, "Y7 TA 3"

I'll then create a template for each subject, and in to each will put 3 copies of the aspect for that subject, each linked to a different resultset. When teachers open the marksheet for that template, they'll see all 3 terms' TAs laid out in front of them.

You can also lock resultsets to prevent entry, I tend to only unlock a resultset when I want teachers to enter data, that way it prevents them from entering data in to the wrong column when they open their marksheet.

I hope this helps!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post

Hi @Superius2014 and welcome to EduGeek

I'm a little unsure as to your current methods; changing the gradeset each term sounds like a difficult way of doing things!

What I do (and I think is the way it's generally done), is to create an aspect for each subject I want to collect TA for, and link them all to the same gradeset (this makes comparison easier as well as allowing you to tweak to levels if you need to, which we all will do soon!).

So for instance, I'll have 3 aspects: "English TA", "Maths TA", "Science TA" tied to a gradeset called "KS3 Sub Levels".

At KS3, we tend to do one TA per term, so I have set up 3 resultsets per year group, e.g. "Y7 TA 1", Y7 TA 2, "Y7 TA 3"

I'll then create a template for each subject, and in to each will put 3 copies of the aspect for that subject, each linked to a different resultset. When teachers open the marksheet for that template, they'll see all 3 terms' TAs laid out in front of them.

You can also lock resultsets to prevent entry, I tend to only unlock a resultset when I want teachers to enter data, that way it prevents them from entering data in to the wrong column when they open their marksheet.

I hope this helps!
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Your way is similar to the way we currently do it, i was hoping to create something a little smaller. Maybe I am just making more work for myself trying to change things haha.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts

Defo use resultsets. I presumed you just made a typo.

Also if you have separate lists they can be combined by making a new one. Add all aspects in there along with the result set, and make it read only and allocate to teachers.

This will only work if you used resultsets. Otherwise you will be better off writing a report to export the data based on the result date.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread