+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Intervention Tracking - Help with advanced reports / assessment manager in Technical; Hello I am very new to the site. I am trying to develop a complex/advanced report for collating the data ...

Thank Post

Intervention Tracking - Help with advanced reports / assessment manager

Hello I am very new to the site.

I am trying to develop a complex/advanced report for collating the data in a templates I have attached. We intend to use this as teaching and learning tool to monitor and track classroom interventions.
    I want staff to be able to use SIMS to record their concern as a code/from an agreed list, add their chosen intervention and add freehand notes. This should be something that can we input into a Marksheet as additional aspects. We are looking for straightforward input into SIMS and a straightforward mechanism for reviewing the data/information. The next stage would be to collate this data in into a report that write to the template (or something similar).

I am looking at creating reports/summaries with the following information:

We have been working on extracting the data from SIMS into a series of complex (an in some aspects effective) spreadsheets. However, we are unable to develop these further as we are no longer in contact with the developer. I look forward to hearing about any solutions. I am particularly, keen to engage with SIMs consultants ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 797 Posts
    It seems as though you already have a system in place and wish to develop this further, as opposed to this being an idea you wish to get off the ground - am I correct?

If so, it's going to be fairly difficult for anyone here to advise you without seeing the system you currently use. It sounds like your developer has produced a series of workbooks to collate and report on the data you need, and without seeing how that works, advising you how to progress will be difficult.

Where about are you based?

Thank Post
    I am based in London.
    We have the system set up in our minds ... We know what we want but do not have the expertise in-house to develop the reports - in SIMS - that will collate the data and output it in a way similar to the word docs. We do not have to use word docs as an output but the end result needs to be user-friendly.

Any ideas about the report development side would be helpful? We are willing to pay for consultancy support if necessary.

Thank Post
    You could try David Potts David Pott | SIMS Assessment Manager Consultancy and Training he does some SIM's training and consultancy.

We went down a similar route although has become much bigger now we automatically extract the info out of SIM's into our own SQL Database then have created a web front end that produces analysed Data for staff so all subjects, subject, Class, Form and Teacher which is easy for staff to use and has some of the functionality used in excel such as filtering but also produced some custom reports that staff just click a button and it produces various overviews by All Subjects, Subject, Class and form and also allows staff to add intervention and produce some analysis of Intervention, to be honest though this has been quite a long time consuming process.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread