+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, client not loading in Technical; anyone else having issues today with sims just not loading? run the normal shortcut and it does absolutely nothing but ...

Thank Post

client not loading

anyone else having issues today with sims just not loading?

run the normal shortcut and it does absolutely nothing but pulsar.exe on its own works fine. Wondering if its related to windows updates seems to of happened to several pcs at roughly the same time, Currently rolling back one pc to see if that fixes it

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 781 Posts
    I created my own shortcut to Pulsar.exe which always runs perfectly and quicker and this is what I use in the teaching staff program sets.

I used to use the shortcuts created by the installation but it was always the wrong shortcut for the version or something else so decided once and for all to just create the above, has been working ever since and I never have to touch it again.

Thank Post
    The default shortcuts still call SIMSLoad I believe, which is pointless if you're running SOLUS3. Ditch them and it loads more quickly!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    The default shortcuts still call SIMSLoad I believe, which is pointless if you're running SOLUS3. Ditch them and it loads more quickly!
    as far as im aware im not running solus 3 (sorry sims server end is managed by someone else and have no clue how to even check) for the momsnt i have my test pc working again rolled it back to pre windows update and declined all updates that it still wanted in wsus bit of a bodge but it works

Thank Post
    If you have SOLUS3, you'll usually have the SOLUS agent icon in your system tray (black and brown box with a blue circle on it).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    If you have SOLUS3, you'll usually have the SOLUS agent icon in your system tray (black and brown box with a blue circle on it).
    then no no solus3

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,219 Posts
    SIMSLoad on it's own does nothing if it finds that no update is needed. Check that the link being clicked also has pulsar being passed as a parameter after it. It will then run pulsar after it completes.
    You can run pulsar direct if on SOLUS 3, or happy to manage your own updates

edit: I only say this because it's possible for a user to find and click the wrong links. It was common on Win 7 to search for SIMS and use the one without ".net" after it which is just pulsar and it fails. Or when a user had saved a shortcut to the start/task bar and it wasn't complete for some reason.

Be interested to know if the rollback worked.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 16th June 2014 at 08:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    SIMSLoad on it's own does nothing if it finds that no update is needed. Check that the link being clicked also has pulsar being passed as a parameter after it. It will then run pulsar after it completes.
    You can run pulsar direct if on SOLUS 3, or happy to manage your own updates

edit: I only say this because it's possible for a user to find and click the wrong links. It was common on Win 7 to search for SIMS and use the one without ".net" after it which is just pulsar and it fails. Or when a user had saved a shortcut to the start/task bar and it wasn't complete for some reason.

Be interested to know if the rollback worked.
    it did the shortcut was the full simsload pulsar normal one it just did nothing until i rolled back the pcs (then blocked the updates it then tried to say it needed in wsus)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread