+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Exporting Exam Results (SIMS)... in Technical; Hi guys, For August, I am trying to get onto a spreadsheet the all current upper 6th pupils' KS5 module ...

Thank Post

Exporting Exam Results (SIMS)...

Hi guys,

For August, I am trying to get onto a spreadsheet the all current upper 6th pupils' KS5 module results (from AS and A2), with the following columns;

Name of student
    Reg
    Module name
    Subject
    Level
    Board
    Result set
    Result
    Grade equiv

Obviously there'll be about a dozen or so rows per pupil.

Seems straightforward - and I can run a report which returns this - however it also returns everything else the pupil has in Assessment manager, so as you can expect it returns an awful lot of data!

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to do this - or better still has a report I can import directly?!

On EO we can get a candidate results sheet but it only shows the modules from EITHER AS or A2 - and not both which is what we want - and we also want it on a nice editable excel sheet, rather than the very poorly presented version which is exported from the candidate result sheer on EO!

Cheers guys any help greatly appreciated,

We are in the process of getting a new MIS so are currently running (for a number of reasons):
    SIMS
    Build 31
    Version 7.176
    Database 3.62.147

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can you post what filters you are using?

Thank Post
    I think this is the problem I'm having

I can't seem to find a way to filter by the result sets I want, or ideally the level (A2/AS) with just results, and no entries/forecast etc etc...that's why EVERYTHING is coming out!

T

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming you are using Student Focus and with an Assessment Results subreport (has a blue square next to it). Click on the subreport after adding it to your fields list and on the right is a small button with a red book. Click that and a window appears at the bottom where you can apply filters to subreports. This will allow you to filter by any of the columns found under the Assessment Results category.

You can also add multiple subreports, one for each subject, with a different set of filters to stop all the data being pushed into one column. Beware of the column limits though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I'm assuming you are using Student Focus and with an Assessment Results subreport (has a blue square next to it). Click on the subreport after adding it to your fields list and on the right is a small button with a red book. Click that and a window appears at the bottom where you can apply filters to subreports. This will allow you to filter by any of the columns found under the Assessment Results category.

You can also add multiple subreports, one for each subject, with a different set of filters to stop all the data being pushed into one column. Beware of the column limits though.
    Oooh I like the sound of that - will give it a go and report back! Cheers CAM!

T

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread