+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Staff freed up for registration in Technical; Apologies if this has already been covered, I did a search and couldn't find it. Hopefully what I write will ...

Thank Post

Staff freed up for registration

Apologies if this has already been covered, I did a search and couldn't find it.
    Hopefully what I write will make sense. Now that we have a number of year groups on study leave, I have uses suspension rules to free staff and make them available for cover. Some of these staff I would like to use for morning registration rather than lesson cover, but they do not appear on the available staff list - only staff who do not have a form group at all appear there. How can I assign these members of staff for morning registration? They can take the register using lesson monitor, but they don't know about the cover unless I physically contact them, which defeats the purpose of using SIMS Cover.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kalowski View Post
    only staff who do not have a form group at all appear there
    I think you will have to amend your pastoral structure to free these people up for registration.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Registration isn't available to cover, unless you have set up some kind of non-class code for it, or have actually timetabled the registration period.
    However it is that you've set it up, in that system the tutors will be marked as busy, so you have to free them there. Either take them off the reg period or remove from being assigned to the code.

How would you normally assign registration covers regardless of whether suspension rules are in place? This will tell you how to do it now.

Changing the pastoral structure won't affect anything because Cover doesn't check there for any scheduling info, in fact it doesn't even know when you want to do the registration unless you tell it somehow.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread