+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Profiles in Technical; After the last template stopped working for no reason I double checked all my settings in Word to make sure ...

Thank Post

Profiles

After the last template stopped working for no reason I double checked all my settings in Word to make sure nothing had changed with the proofing etc... and redid it. baby steps of saving and testing then boom... stopped working again and won't generate.

Has there ever been a flakier system, its so frustrating as the verify template just tests the tags.

Thank Post
    Have you made sure that there is NO TICK in the box "allow row to break across pages" in table properties (if you have a table) - This causes templates to suddenly stop working

Thank Post
    I removed some tags and put them back in and its back working. Annoyingly the page break bit where it ignores reports with no comments doesn't work so have had to put report tags on each page.

Thank Post
    I believe that the hide reports with no comments only works with table data. I did have a list of things to change in MS Word to ensure that the template generates properly, but I've had a clean out of my inbox recently and can't find it. It specifies changing things like spelling check settings etc within the Options of Word. I'm sure the helpdesk will send it to you if you open a case.

Thank Post
    We believe the problem is caused when the template is opened and saved in another version of Word. Using Word to build templates is a very straight forward way to allow end users to create fantastic reports for parents inserting data from SIMS.

The problem is that it is impossible to see the formatting characters that become inserted into the binary format of the template. We are planning to move to the XML templates that will make it a lot easier to check out the structure but we are wary of moving too quickly as so many schools are still using old copies of Word. I have asked the architects to see if we can do more to programmatically find out what is causing corruption.

Thank Post
    Probably makes sense as the original was on 2010 and mine is 2013. Just wish there was an easier way to troubleshoot.

Thank Post
    We had the issue on a few occasions with Word 2010, but touch word no issues with Word 2013 over the last 12 - 18 months.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread