+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Post 16 Leavers in Technical; So our support desk gives us guidance documents for various tasks, and going through my census one reminded me of ...
    Thank Post

Post 16 Leavers

So our support desk gives us guidance documents for various tasks, and going through my census one reminded me of this, which still confuses me, and I don't think I've ever received an answer as to why (well, besides, "Because that's how it works").

So, can anyone explain this:

Note: we recommend that all Leavers from Year 12 and Year 13 are recorded via Leavers Routine, accessed via the menu route Routines | Student Leavers. The system interprets a leaving date in a different way, depending on when the date is actually entered into the system.
    This advice will also be included in the End of Year Notes to ensure that Year 13 students have their leaving dates entered in ADVANCE of them actually leaving as this will ensure their learning aims are marked as completed for the Autumn 2014 School Census.
    It is VERY IMPORTANT for the Post-16 Data collection that the implications of this are fully understood.
     Entering a leaving date in advance of the pupil actually leaving will mark all that pupils Post-16 Learning Aims as COMPLETED.
     Entering a leaving date on the date of leaving or after the event will mark that student as WITHDRAWN from all their Post-16 Learning Aims.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Not sure if this is what you're asking, but the one reason you should definitely make them leave in advance via the leavers routine is that this will automatically update their learning aims, saving you a hell of a lot of time when it comes to Autumn census! If you wait until afterwards, you'll have to manually update the learning aims end dates, which can take hours, as I'm sure you know!

Thank Post
    I know, but it makes no sense to me that if I make them leave before their leaving date, their aims are marked as completed, yet after they are marked as withdrawn - just seems backwards to what it should be.

and I don't want to talk about the Autumn Census, I have a feeling that's going to be a very very busy time for me with the way our courses are set up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread