+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS 3 in Technical; Hi We are having problems with solus 3. We are not getting target version for any of the workstations so ...

Thank Post

SOLUS 3

Hi

We are having problems with solus 3. We are not getting target version for any of the workstations so I cant update sims on any workstation or server. We have windows firewall switch off however I have still added the exceptions to windows firewall. I have tried to telenet from the workstation to the server but get the following error

Connecting To servername...Could not open connection to the host, on port 52965: Connect failed

I have run netstat -a on the server but port 52965 does not show.

Has anybody got any ideas I could try?

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    The agents run on 52966 too don't they? Is the firewall exceptions added server side too?

Might be worth checking in the Solus agent config file to check what ports they're running on, just in case it's a custom one set?

Steve

Thank Post
    Thanks for your reply.

Just looked in the sims.solus3.agentservices.exe.config

<service name="Sims.Solus3.Agent.AgentService.AgentService" behaviorConfiguration="ErrorHandlerBahaviour">
    <endpoint address="net.tcp://LAPTOP.longcroft.ac.uk:52966" binding="netTcpBinding" behaviorConfiguration="" bindingConfiguration="NetTcp_NoSecurity_Streamed" contract="Sims.Solus3.Agent.ServiceInterface.IAgen tService"/>
    </service>
    <service name="Sims.Solus3.Agent.AgentService.DeploymentMan ager">
    <endpoint address="net.pipe://localhost/AgentDeploymentManagerService.svc" binding="netNamedPipeBinding" bindingConfiguration="NamedPipe_NoSecurity" contract="Sims.Solus3.Agent.Business.IDeploymentMa nager"/>
    </service>
    </services>
    <client>
    <endpoint address="net.tcp://longsims.longcroft.ac.uk:52965" binding="netTcpBinding" bindingConfiguration="NetTcp_NoSecurity_Streamed" contract="Sims.Solus3.DeploymentServer.ServiceInte rface.IAgentServiceManager" name="IAgentServiceManager_Standard"/>
    <endpoint address="net.tcp://localhost:8739" binding="netTcpBinding" bindingConfiguration="NetTcp_NoSecurity_Streamed" contract="Sims.Solus3.Agent.ServiceInterface.IPack ageDeployer" name="AgentGui_Standard"/>
    <endpoint address="net.pipe://localhost/PackageDeployer.svc" binding="netNamedPipeBinding" bindingConfiguration="NamedPipe_NoSecurity" contract="Sims.Solus3.Agent.ServiceInterface.IPack ageDeployer" name="PackageDeployer_Standard"/>

From this it looks like the client is running on 52966 and the server is running on 52965. I should be able to telnet 52965 shouldn't I? Do you need to enable port 52965 or register it on the server if it is not showing in netstat?

Thanks again for your help

Thank Post
    I have just looked on the server using TCPView and I cant even see port 52965

port 52966 and port 8739 are listed.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What do Capita Support advise? Tel: 08448938000. I haven't encountered a problem yet that they haven't been able to resolve.

Thank Post
    They have said its a port blocking it however I don't have the firewall switched on. I cant even see the port in netstat so looks like its not even registered on the server. They have just said port issue and closed call....

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I used to have a batch file to run on each machine that would configure the ports, etc. in order to enable Solus3 to see the machines and allow the install of the agent. I got it from Trevor at Capita Chelmsford.

Thank Post
    Yes I have found this and ran it but my firewall isn't switch on.

cmnetsh firewall set notifications DISABLE

netsh firewall set service type = FILEANDPRINT mode = ENABLE

netsh firewall set portopening protocol = TCP port = 52965 name = SOLUS-3-DS

netsh firewall set portopening protocol = TCP port = 52966 name = SOLUS-3-AGENT

netsh firewall set portopening protocol = TCP port = 8739 name = SOLUS-3-AGENT-UI

netsh firewall set service type = REMOTEADMIN mode = ENABLE

Is this the script?

Thanks

9. Thanks to itgeek from:

winng (1st May 2014)

Thank Post
    What about your antivirus? Does that include a firewall? Is the firewall open on the server as well?

Thank Post
    We use Sophos but don't have any firewall switched on. Should the port not show in netstat on the server. Yes no firewall switch on on the server.
    Can you register a port via cmd? 52965
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Which grid are you served by - surely the support team there should be able to help?

Thank Post
    If capita cant sort it don't think they will be able to!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itgeek View Post
    They have said its a port blocking it however I don't have the firewall switched on. I cant even see the port in netstat so looks like its not even registered on the server. They have just said port issue and closed call....

Thanks
    Re-open the ticket. Provide a screenshot if necessary.

Thank Post
    Depends on your support agreement really, if you've got fundamental IT problems, your MIS support won't cover it. It's like phoning up Google and saying you can't get on your email when you have no internet connect. Sorry if that sounds so harsh, but the fact is it works, if it doesn't work it's something you've done\not done.

First thing I'd try is log on to one of the clients, then RDP onto the server, check both can resolve the FQDN (ie you can ping LAPTOP.longcroft.ac.uk from the server and client can ping the server FQDN), after that I'd be looking at removing the AV, restarting then trying, if that works, your AV is lying about having a firewall feature - had that with symantec before.

Thank Post
    I'm having a similar problem here. We've got ports 8739, 52965 and 52966 open on clients and the server, along with remote administration enabled. Solus 3 runs and seems to work fine (it knows when clients are online/offline, etc) but it will not deploy the agent to client machines. If I turn off the firewall on the server, the agent deploys without any problems. So at the minute I have to toggle the firewall off when I need to deploy the agent. I have no idea what needs to be changed on the firewall so that I can leave it on during agent deployment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast