+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Apps in Technical; Originally Posted by PhilNeal @ zag - it's not just for registration; it will cover all aspects that a teacher ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    @zag - it's not just for registration; it will cover all aspects that a teacher requires on the move. Not in the first release but that's what's planned.
    This is one of my big problems with SLG though. When I first started using it, important features like PDF reports were promised further down the line but not yet available which poisoned the experience for staff and parents early. They need to be there at release!

Thank Post
    @CAM PDF support is now available - I would have liked it on day 1! By the time the pilot is finished there will be enough for many teachers.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I know it's available, I was using it years ago when it came in and that was an exciting patch day as it completely changed how the system works. Trouble is parents had already 'switched off' looking at the table web part.

Concern is if a school picks up the apps and key features are missing, they may switch off too and lose interest. Even if you persuade people to go back later, that first impression is still key.

Thank Post
    I have no confidence at all in SLG, from experience and our latest demo, which used a Powerpoint to click through the features as if it was live - not reassuring. The app looks promising, but not worth the time even considering it if it's tied to SLG in my opinion.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Sausage View Post
    I have no confidence at all in SLG, from experience and our latest demo, which used a Powerpoint to click through the features as if it was live - not reassuring. The app looks promising, but not worth the time even considering it if it's tied to SLG in my opinion.
    That's because its so unbelievable complicated to setup and needs such huge server that its virtually impossible to run on a local demo laptop.

I remember the days of having to phone up support just to get the thing upgraded with all the SharePoint problems and site list permissions ect. So glad we got rid of SLG...

Thank Post
    There was a lot of negative feedback about it being bundled with the SLG at the update conferences - let hope people are true to their word and take a second their product portfolio and who they bundle their products. SLG has improved, but the marketplace is moving away from desktops to mobile devices with the majority of the market share still up for grabs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123