+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] - Individual reports Class Teacher tag not bringing teacher names thro' in Technical; We are using Individual Reports to create Progress report grade sheets - Subject, Current Grade, Previous Grade, Target, Attitude to ...

Thank Post

[SIMS] - Individual reports Class Teacher tag not bringing teacher names thro'

We are using Individual Reports to create Progress report grade sheets - Subject, Current Grade, Previous Grade, Target, Attitude to Learning & Class Teacher

We are using the Class Teacher field & selecting the appropriate course from Course Manager but some teacher names do not appear
    The subjects were we have had a change in staff since start of school year seem to be the cause

Anyone advise how I can get the current teacher (as shown on timetable) coming through on the Individual report

Additional when exported SIMS creates individual xml doc files. Is there any way the export can be PDF files or is there a simple batch conversion option

Thanks
    Graham

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    This is normal, because they started after the timetable was created.
    When you send the timetable back from Nova you should receive warnings / errors about these staff.

The easiest way to fix it is to send the timetable back with a new start date - BUT there are caveats. It depends on how you use Nova and do the timetabling. If you're using maintenance data sets and doing lots of updates, things get complex. If you just have one basic construction data set and keep updating it, then it's not so bad. Obviously, your history is affected though.

I never used maintenance data sets but i would hope they are able to cope with new info like new staff, so i am guessing you're using construction data sets. If so, you can send it back with a start date that is on or after the new staff started. Ideally, you'd do this each time you make a change. So we would have lots of dates files, each created when a change was made, so you can easily 'undo' the change. Hopefully this will get the names to appear, however, please check with the timetable and backup before doing anything.

The alternate and safe option is to create a teachername comment aspect for the subject and block fill it for each marksheet and just add that instead of the class teacher tag in the ind. rep template. This is particularly useful if you want to include multiple names, or if the timetable doesn't truly reflect the teaching.

For conversion, there are a couple of threads that deal with bulk printing but i don't think to PDF as it usually involves a name the file step, but it should be doable by script. You should be able to print to PDF, using Adobe Pro or one of the free pdf tools if that is what you need. I think SLG publishes reports as PDF, and other third party tools will do convert to PDF as well if you use them, like TASC or Schoolcomms. We have Pro, so it's easy to convert files to PDF.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountG View Post

Additional when exported SIMS creates individual xml doc files. Is there any way the export can be PDF files or is there a simple batch conversion option

Thanks
    Graham
    The latest upgrade has a PDF option when exporting individual reports.

4. Thanks to number34 from:

vikpaw (24th April 2014)

Thank Post
    actually forget what i said about pdf, i just saw this in the release notes for Spring 14

Generating Individual Reports in PDF FormatFocus | Assessment | Individual Report
    It is now possible to produce individual reports in PDF format by selecting PDF Format
    from the drop-down list adjacent to the Export button on the Individual Report Details
    page.
    Edit : doh, too late.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    actually forget what i said about pdf, i just saw this in the release notes for Spring 14

Edit : doh, too late.
    Thx Vikpaw for very useful information. We are actually not using Nova-T6 but use Timetabler. I will look at how to set date changes for next SIMS import.

re PDF option, good to hear it is coming in Spring Release which according to a seminar I attended today we should get early next week

Thx for your help
    TheCountG

Thank Post
    It's out already.
    I installed it yesterday.
    Timetabler uses the same import routine as Nova so you should see the same errors ...? Any how just look at altering the start date in the range it is being sent back for.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread