+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, New Tribal MIS in Technical; Hi We are considering a move away from SIMS to a new product from TRIBAL called Synergy For Schools. Does ...

Thank Post

New Tribal MIS

Hi
    We are considering a move away from SIMS to a new product from TRIBAL called Synergy For Schools.
    Does anyone have any experience of working with this company?

Also we use Google Apps for Education and want to sync our systems with the ical calendar format, anyone know anything about doing this with any other MIS products?

cheers

Liam

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Only know 'of' them so far. Tribal are big in the FE sector and I know they are brining their MIS to the state market now. Think they only have a couple of schools currently.

I can't help you (yet) on the Google Apps part... but watch this space.

Thank Post
    Thats fine- I know they are launching it as a brand new product, we are exploring other options but integration with Google calendar is essential for us.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well do let us know what you find out, we are building a repository of MIS information and things like this will be very useful!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    @hindertonhead - great to have you here.
    it's the second time i've been impressed with info on an MIS site Tribal - Helping you understand the IMLS Framework
    i guess i should visit more regularly.

No idea of anyone that uses them, but if you speak to them, please share what you find so we can help others.

6. Thanks to vikpaw from:

nharvatt (22nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi,

I would stay away from Tribal, they live in the past and way too expensive for what they offer.
    Not using Synergy so cannot comment on that, but using a more "advanced" MIS system like EBS...the company itself has a bad reputation Support!...there are actually unofficial forums to help users with their issues!

Thank Post
    Hi- Thanks for that response. We are still weighing up our options. The SIMS Learning Gateway seems to offer some of the web based functionality we are looking for and would be a bolt on to the existing MIS> Does anyone use this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hindertonhead View Post
    Hi- Thanks for that response. We are still weighing up our options. The SIMS Learning Gateway seems to offer some of the web based functionality we are looking for and would be a bolt on to the existing MIS> Does anyone use this?
    We tried SIMS Learning Gateway and it was a complete failure,if you have SIMS then look at the products by companies such as TASC and Groupcall, much better products.

Thank Post
    Thats interesting, I have just investigated the TASC product and it seems to have better feedback from users on this site. cheers

Thank Post
    We are using Synergy by Tribal at Devon Studio School.

Devon Studio School

Having used PPMS in Scotland and SIMs at a school in Newton Abbot I can't find fault with:

The product
    The support
    The bespoke package created by the Tribal development team
    The 'usability' for my staff
    The price

We needed a cloud based system and I wanted my staff to be able to take registers and complete admin tasks on smart phones.

The behavoiur module was set up, with help from the tribal development team, as the process that I wanted to have in a school since I started teaching 17 years ago.

I'm not on the pay roll by the way!

(I did look at all the 'big players' last summer in our set up phase and was very unimpressed by their tacit expectation that I would 'go with' them).

Happy to answer specific questions about set up, day to day running and functionality from my own perspective.

Kind regards

Stuart.

12. Thanks to heronius from:

nharvatt (22nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi, yes will take you up on that offer! Interesting to hear from a school actually using the system. Our position is that we are comparing the costs of several add on systems to give web based access to the current MIS that will cost us additional subscriptions to systems such as TASC, compared with a complete move to TRIBAL with all of this functionality included. The cost of TRIBAL at this stage is higher, with some functionality that we want still not available, so it may be something for us in the future. cheers Liam ( email address removed by moderators. Please PM)
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 18th April 2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Email address removed

Thank Post
    Another EBS user

We have used the support quite a lot, something seems to break at every upgrade... But i have nothing but good thing to say about their support team.

Negatives (due to be resolved in EBS 4.20)

Can't take registers our touchscreen monitors in classrooms unless you pull the USB because it crashes the register page because it's not touch aware.

We can't roll out Win8 because we have to wait for the next version that removes the reliance on .NET4.0...

Thank Post
    It’s concerning to hear that you’ve had a negative experience of Tribal, and we’d like to try to address whatever issues you’ve got. If we’ve made a mistake of some kind, we’d like to put it right. We’re very proud of the fact that more UK universities, colleges and training providers trust us with their MIS systems than any other provider, and the vast majority of our customers are delighted with the work we do for them. But in this case, we’ve clearly got something wrong. Please can you provide contact details, or make contact with me, and I’ll do everything I can to help.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    But not schools... perhaps you have made the point for many right there. Schools are very different to other sectors.

Thank Post
    Do you have any data to support your claim?

"...and the vast majority of our customers are delighted with the work we do for them"

You either read the wrong feedback data or maybe you are presented only with good and positive ones.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast