+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Can't open SOLUS 3 Deployment UI in Technical; I've seen this happen before and sometimes it's simply been a case of logging into the server using the account ...

Thank Post

Can't open SOLUS 3 Deployment UI

I've seen this happen before and sometimes it's simply been a case of logging into the server using the account that SOLUS3 was installed with.

In this case, I've tried every single login known to me and I'l getting the following error message when connecting. Used to work fine a few weeks back using the domain administrator account. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

soluserror.jpg

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can your domain administrator log in to the SQL server using the SQL Management Studio or does it recieve access denied too?

You could also check and open the Solus 3 Deployment Server UI Connection String Editor (which just rolls off the tounge) and make sure that the username/password in the SQL Authentication box are correct (unless you are using Trusted Authentication in which case I think the box should be unticked).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    Can your domain administrator log in to the SQL server using the SQL Management Studio or does it recieve access denied too?

You could also check and open the Solus 3 Deployment Server UI Connection String Editor (which just rolls off the tounge) and make sure that the username/password in the SQL Authentication box are correct (unless you are using Trusted Authentication in which case I think the box should be unticked).
    Basically what he said.

That error message appears when the username you are using cannot access the SOLUS3 UI part of the SOLUS database.
    You can give windows logins SQL rights in SQL Management Studio but I don't know how.
    There should be guides on the internet.

Other than that, you can use the user that you created when you installed SOLUS3.
    That should have the rights to open the SOLUS3 UI.

Thank Post
    I'm not denied access when logging into the Management Studio, but I'm unable to view the Solus database in the tree when going to the user mappings section, theres a warning message saying some of them aren't avaliable. In the database tree it is there but you can't expand it to view it's properties, so I can't actually assign the user permissions or ownership over the solus database.

I think...I'm just going to have to contact Capita.

Things were fine before we had a virtual drive/RAID array failure...although not sure why as nothing solus related was stored on that particular partition...and all of the data was restored regardless.

Thank Post
    Go into SOLUS 3 Deployment Server UI connection string editor (found in Start --> All Programs --> SOLUS3)
    Click Test and Save

If the login fails when the SQL Authentification is not ticked, then your Windows Authentication does not have the required rights to access the SOLUS3 database.

If the login fails when the SQL Authentification is ticked, then SQL login you have put in is either wrong or does not have the required rights to access the SOLUS3 database.

The error message is talking about how your login does not have the access it needs for the SOLUS3 database.
    If you want to have another crack at the SQL Management Studio route, log in as the SA account.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread