+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS 2 to be shut down 1st April 2015 in Technical; SOLUS3 needs the workstation to be able to resolve the server and the server to resolve the workstation. I don't ...

Thank Post
    SOLUS3 needs the workstation to be able to resolve the server and the server to resolve the workstation. I don't see relying on DNS as a problem. It's a critical component after all. I've found the common problem I've had is the workstation gets a set as the LA DNS server and they have a HOST file entry for the admin server, so the workstation can contact the admin server, but the admin server has no idea how to contact them.

Renaming the computer should result in a reboot, the reboot will cause the workstation to re-register with the DNS. Which S3 will use.
    @DMcCoy raises an interesting one - ie it selects the wifi and that drops out. I think allowing the server to push the GUID would allow you to deploy the agent more flexibly - ie simple msi via gpo, via image (remove any guid first). It shouldn't be an issue one it's deployed anyway.

PS: You need to re-deploy the release I believe once you've added it as a target.

Thank Post
    Solus3's current UI really isn't great, we all know that, but the underlying functionality works a lot better at the moment than it ever did. We've not had problems with it since we moved it to it's own box and started from scratch. Early releases really were terrible. And as for the UI we know it's been redesigned in 3.7, and we'll see what that is going to entail soon enough!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123