+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Profiles Displays Duplicate Comments in Preview in Technical; Hi I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue I'm having, I've posted this ...

Thank Post

Profiles Displays Duplicate Comments in Preview

Hi

I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue I'm having, I've posted this on SupportNet as well, but someone here may be able to help also.

I have a Profiles session that is now in Review mode for checking, and when I view a student from a class, their comment is repeated:

Ie - "Joe Bloggs has made good progress this term, his understanding of the subject has improved. Joe Bloggs has made good progress this term, his understanding of the subject has improved."

I am fairly new to using Profiles so don't know where the issue lies. The area itself is linked to 2 courses, Geography (KS3) and a Foundation course. On the List Entry & Review screens the comments are only shown once, but when the Word preview is opened the duplication occurs. I've checked the template and the comment tag only appears once. Just to be sure I have removed the tag and re-added it but it hasn't helped. There is a similar area setup for History linked with the Foundation course, but the problem doesn't arise for this subject.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help with this.

Jon

Thank Post
    Hi Jon,

This is not your fault.

I have found that this happens whenever you preview from a List Entry. I think it has something to do with multiple teachers, although I'm not sure.

To put your mind at rest, generate a report from the Session Manager instead - it should look okay then.

It's a bit of a pain as it means that teachers don't have any way to accurately preview their reports. You'll have to run the complete report for them or use the Batch Print Class Chesk Sheets from Tools/Performance/Profiles.

Sorry to bear bad news...

Perhaps if we shout loud enough, Capita will fix the issue?

Regards

Gary

Thank Post
    Hey Jon,

If the class is linked to more than one teacher make sure that only one teacher has enter the comment as they cant see if the other has put a comment in. also if the timetable is set up in a way that the teacher gets the same pupils but under a different class code. same pupil same subject but 2 comments. hope i made scene there.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'm relieved to know that it's not something I had done wrong with the setup. I'm just getting to grips with Profiles, at the moment I'm cloning previous sessions from last year and trying to iron out the bugs until I understand how it all works better.

I had double checked that both teachers linked to the class hadn't entered comments so knew it wasn't that, but I have encountered that problem before. Is there any way at all for staff to see if another teacher has entered comments for a student on their list? This is especially a problem for our PE dept.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread