+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Tracking your Pupil Premium students - or any specific cohort in Technical; Hi all I'd be interested in hearing what you have in place to track your Pupil Premium kids (or, as ...

Thank Post

Tracking your Pupil Premium students - or any specific cohort

Hi all

I'd be interested in hearing what you have in place to track your Pupil Premium kids (or, as I said above, any specific cohort who need detailed tracking).

We have mentors here in school and they need to able to access, easily (bearing in mind that they are not all very IT-savvy), tracking data on attendance, behaviour and current/predicted grades. Home page widgets give a snapshot of today's figures but we need both a series of up-to-date snapshots, and the ability to track progress in each of these areas.

I can run a set of reports each term giving their individual and group figures for each of those aspects for the term (one behaviour report, one lesson monitor report, one grades marksheet with totals), pulling all the figures together into one spreadsheet for each term's snapshot, and then collecting the figures for each term in one place so that we can see the trends from one term to the next.

It all seems a bit long-winded and clunky though. I am sure other schools across the country are tracking pupils with similar aims - just wondered how you do it?

[have x-posted into the DM group as it's not SIMS specific, though SIMS does give us that particular problem of attendance and assessment modules that don't really talk too well...........]

Thank Post
    I'd love to share a tool my head of science made, but he has banned me from doing so - so instead, I'll describe it.

it's a 4 page excel file with lookup tables and such, and the first page we can paste in data from AssMan - our first columns are always the same on every marksheet - name, G, SEN, GT, PP, Mobile, KS2APS.

Teachers paste their data, all his formulas do their stuff, and on the second page you get a wonderful little table breaking down the performance of your class group broken down by the above factors, checked against targets.

I tried showing teaching staff how easy it is to do the same in SIMS marksheets (it is to me), but nothing will beat his tool, which is basically, copy/paste/review.

here's a pic of the results page (not populated - and it's 5 tabs as you can see)results.png
    Last edited by tombry; 12th March 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Thank Post
    Tombry,
    surely you could use his sheet as the basis for an Excel template for a report in SIMS......
    (Just a thought)

Thank Post
    If I had the time to mess around and play with the complex excel reports, perhaps.

I have yet to create one though - I got fed up with trying to figure it out, and just run bare reports that I paste into my excel files.

I'm hoping to convince my head to send me on the two day AssMan course that Capita give, as I feel that will help me.

Thank Post
    We currently track SEN, FSM, PP, LAC. I have had to create some rather complex reports in sims to show monthly attendance figures based on theses groups per year group and monthly to produce line graphs. We also track behavior incidents for these groups and the deputy head tracks assessment for the same groups.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread