+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, CMIS Behaviour Management or 3rd Party in Technical; Any experience of CMIS Behaviour Module? Any suggestions on 3rd party software? Cheers...
    Thank Post

CMIS Behaviour Management or 3rd Party

Any experience of CMIS Behaviour Module?

Any suggestions on 3rd party software?

Cheers

Thank Post

Re: CMIS Behaviour Management or 3rd Party

Currently most behaviour recording in CMIS is done using the Events area, whilst not as powerful as some other systems it can be used to produce a good alternative.

From Serco's recent meetings came the news that they are due to be showing more on behaviour as BETT - so may be worth a visit or giving them a ring directly for the latest news.

Thank Post

We went (against my advice I hasten to add) with a 3rd party solution called sleuth. It's similar design to senCO manager for anyone with experience of that but nowhere near as bad. It does the job and provides a set of reports and more in-depth recording of details than CMIS.

However, because it is not CMIS in can be a PITA. Not that CMIS cant, but if you are using CMIS for recording student attainment and progress, it becomes difficult to then compare behaviour against attendance, attainment, etc. There is a plug in to pull data out of CMIS each night and import to Sleuth but it's one way traffic. Sleuth is also not very flexible with writing your own reports. Basically it does the job its there to do, but doesnt allow integration with other info stored in CMIS.

Thank Post

If you have Sims.net you could use the Behaviour System in there ... we used sleuth previously but wanted everything to be integrated into Sims.net so Behaviour .net was used. Works well as it is linked directly to the Lesson Monitor 7.

Thank Post

Cheers guys, i think i will give SERCO a ring - better to have 1 PITA than 2

Thank Post

I'd second what Lee said about the advantages and disadvantages of using Sleuth rather than CMIS for behaviour management (except that my school TOOK my advice and used CMIS)

The main advantage of Sleuth is that for a single event you can have multiple students and for those students multiple outcomes (i.e. a detention AND a letter home).

In CMIS the event is attached to a single student, so if several students are involved you have to add and event to each student (though this is easier these days if you are using ePortal to add the events). If you want multiple outcomes, you'd have to add multiple fields to the event (i.e. 'outcome 1','outcome2','outcome3'), which is then a bit of a pain when you come to write reports.

However, with CMIS you do have all your data in one place and you don't have to install and manage additional software for everyone who wants to record events.

Thank Post

I seen a demo of a product called IRIS today - we currently do not use the SIMS.net Behaviour module but I did like what I saw of IRIS today.

http://www.iris.ac/ for info.

Thank Post

Yup we are going for a demo of Iris in the New Year

cheers

Thank Post
    Have seen a demo of IRIS recently and found it very interesting:

Pretty standard process of logging events but with a huge amount of flexibility built in (one small example, instead of labelling each user as, say, a Maths Teacher or a Pastoral Manager, you can adjust your role depending on the context of the event).
    The great power of it was the way it allows live analysis of the information in the database, so you can see how leadership decisions and other factors affect behaviour etc. over time.
    They are working on extensions to the system to enable registering etc. but as it stands it's a behaviour and praise logging, reporting and analysis system. One of my colleagues has a child in a school that uses it and he gets regular info about even small infringements of school rules which he finds very useful.
    The only downer is that it's another separate system, but the developers are very interested in interoperability.
    I thought PARS, ePortal etc were good behaviour management systems until I saw IRIS. Also, it's cheap with just an annual charge related to NOR, no upfront license fee so you can try it for a year and then ditch it with no great cost implications.

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Have seen a demo of IRIS recently and found it very interesting:

Pretty standard process of logging events but with a huge amount of flexibility built in (one small example, instead of labelling each user as, say, a Maths Teacher or a Pastoral Manager, you can adjust your role depending on the context of the event).
    The great power of it was the way it allows live analysis of the information in the database, so you can see how leadership decisions and other factors affect behaviour etc. over time.
    They are working on extensions to the system to enable registering etc. but as it stands it's a behaviour and praise logging, reporting and analysis system. One of my colleagues has a child in a school that uses it and he gets regular info about even small infringements of school rules which he finds very useful.
    The only downer is that it's another separate system, but the developers are very interested in interoperability.
    I thought PARS, ePortal etc were good behaviour management systems until I saw IRIS. Also, it's cheap with just an annual charge related to NOR, no upfront license fee so you can try it for a year and then ditch it with no great cost implications.
    Please note PARS is NOTcompatible with CMIS - PARS does all of above plus more and backwardly compatible with SIMS plus remote version of PARS allows parental access to their students behaviour. Behaviour is part of the software so no extra cost and no hassle of extra databases and updating student data more than once.

Thank Post

CMIS Behaviour Management

There's a new CMIS behaviour management model due to be released in the summer. It is accessed through ePortal and their are various anlysis reports which go with it. It would be worthwhile having a demo of this before thinking about 3rd party software.

TYO

Thank Post
    serco are coming into demo for us on monday. will feed back best I can.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread