+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Waters Edge Primary in Technical; Please be patient with me I am a first time user, I work as the technician for a school who ...

Thank Post

Waters Edge Primary

Please be patient with me I am a first time user, I work as the technician for a school who wants to provide SIMS training for some of our local schools.

I do not want to use our data for obvious reasons and could really do with a copy of the waters edge primary test data, I have been in touch with Capita but have not yet had a response but my guess is as we are not part of the LEA (due to our LEA not having a support team) we will not be allowed it.

Is there any other suggestion anyone could make as an alternative should this data not be available to me ???

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Unfortunately generally the only advice given is to make a copy of your live data and use that. As you correctly stated, as you're not part of the LEA then you aren't allowed access to Waters Edge. It's essentially because we (as an LA Support team) pay for the development and the privilege to use the Test data and you guys as a school, do not. There's a thread all about it on here somewhere.

Edit: Ta Da! Waters Edge Primary Data
    Last edited by MrMat; 26th February 2014 at 09:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Create a completely new sims environment in a Virtual network, such as VMware Workstation or Virtual Box have a Windows Server running your sims and a GPO configured for S: Drive. Setup SIMS with a load of fake names and data even around 4 people would suffice then you can teach the end users how it looks to them and the technicians on how to manage them?

Never tried this myself so take what I've said with a pinch of salt, this is obviously of course if you still want to protect your data in Sims, don't over think the situation if you're just teaching other schools how to use it properly then showing a few children in an example of how tot take registers isn't going to be an issue as the schools staff will all be CRB checked etc... I can't see a teacher or member of staff wanting to gain information about a child they don't know it would be easier to grab information from their own systems than yours, if that was something they really wanted to pursue. I don't think you'd have much to worry about, though I could be wrong depending on what you use Sims for.

Thank Post
    Never use live data for training members of staff who are not employees of your school. I think you'd be breeching the data protection act if you showed anything other than first name and surname?

Thank Post
    Yep that's what I thought, thank you anyway I will have a look at setting up a brand new database of my own and see what happens.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread