+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Report Card questions in Technical; We're looking at introducing SIMS e-report cards and I have a few questions regarding how others use them:- 1 - ...
    Thank Post

Report Card questions

We're looking at introducing SIMS e-report cards and I have a few questions regarding how others use them:-

1 - As far as I can tell, the targets are only set as a tick box and comment; given that some teachers will not complete the report card how do you tell the difference between an empty tick box meaning "pupil did not comply" and an empty tick box meaning "teacher did not complete"?

2 - In anticipation of the above, has anyone used "doubling up" on the targets; that is to say providing two targets, one positive and one negative so at least one must be ticked if the teacher has completed the report card?

3 - In anticipation of both 1 & 2 - what "incentives" are used to get teachers to complete the report cards?

Thank Post
    have you queried your teachers on it?

we use paper reports, tied back to the report system in SIMS so teachers at least know when kids are on report (the lovely (R) on the register helps).

I tried to get the paper cut out of it and just have teachers fill out the reports in SIMS, but it was pointed out to me (by about 3/4s of our staff) that it would never be filled out as with the piece of paper it is right in front of them, and it takes a couple seconds to tick the boxes and write a comment if needed, whereas opening it up in SIMS would take far longer.

considering that generally classes with one student on report will have 2 or 3 (or 7 in one instance) other students also on report, the time build up was going to be too much to warrant getting rid of the paper.

we also have parents sign the reports every night and collect them back, which wouldn't have been possible using the e-report.

3. Thanks to tombry from:

Seb1780 (6th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply @tombry

Our teachers are asking for it; so I'm determined not to disappoint. Too many of our current report cards get "lost". I guess it is a smaller issue here as we tend to only have a half a dozen on report at any one time, a teacher would be very unlucky to get two in a class.

We use Lesson Monitor, so we have the registers open in each class anyway, and from there a right click brings up the report card.

The nightly signing of the report card is an issue here too; at the moment we are planning that the card is printed every evening - not sure this is going to work though. In the longer term I hope to get something sorted out with SLG / Website to provide a parental overview.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread