+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Report Equivalent to Form Tutor Marksheet in Technical; Morning Everyone Today it's a case of "give a man a fish"..... The FTs here have FT marksheets which detail ...

Thank Post

Report Equivalent to Form Tutor Marksheet

Morning Everyone

Today it's a case of "give a man a fish".....

The FTs here have FT marksheets which detail their form's targets, working levels, referrals.... the works. They know they can export to Excel to print but they are now saying that this process is too difficult as they don't want to have to reference a marksheet. They want a report (pref on one page but that isn't going to happen) which they can generate (at a button click) to get the latest working level for all the subjects with the target grade. They also say that looking in the pupil profile under Assessment is too much work........ they also say that downloading the pupil's report (auto generated after every data collection and put into Linked Documents for reference) is a pain. My initial response was professional but cautionary!!

I assume I can run this as an Individual Report (assuming there is a next record button somewhere in Add-Ins?! ) but I don't want to have them wait upon me to press a button and print off a report and get it to them. I want them to take ownership of it. Is there any other way of doing it?

The report would look something like this (obviously all the tags would link to the last result date).

Form XY

Name of Pupil English Result Maths Result German Result French Result Science Result Geography Result ETC ETC
    Name of Next Pupil in Form English Result Maths Result German Result French Result Science Result Geography Result ETC ETC

Thanks for all responses.

Thank Post
    I've flat out told our staff that they have to look at the assessment page, or my analysis pages - we do monthly assessments (I know), and there is no way I could generate the reports every week.

I have maintained that it is not something that can be done, and would advise you to take the same stance - unless you have an admin person that can generate individual reports without much issue.

but to complain that looking at a report under linked documents is too much effort is ridiculous - it would take longer for the report to generate than it would for them to open the linked document.

3. 2 Thanks to tombry:

CarpeDiem (6th February 2014), LosOjos (6th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    100% with @tombry on this one - there has to come a point when you just say "no."

5. Thanks to LosOjos from:

CarpeDiem (6th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    100% with @tombry on this one - there has to come a point when you just say "no."
    Unfortunately, you can only say that if you work at Grange Hill School...

Oi! Zammo! Just Say NO!

7. Thanks to gazskeltz from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I must agree, that accessing linked docs can be a pain, multiple windows and options before you see what you want.

You can let staff have access to run individual reports, and it works quite well. I'm not sure if it needed extra permissions added, or if it required permission to create/edit, but we've defo had lay members of staff accessing it. I remember they used to have to change the owner as it would default to their name, and they'd see no reports until they changed it and searched again.

The staff that used it liked what it did as they could export to their local PC in batch and then view them in a friendly format.
    Though it they are looking at grades, the table is not much difference to a marksheet, except it's personalised, so useful for having meetings with student / parents etc.

It is really useful and much easier for them to run off a summary report that pulls in lots of data. You'd just have to check the access needed. I think you can just do it with basic teacher access.

9. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Thank Post
    Thanks all - Vikpaw, that's really useful, thanks. I think I will look into the access required as I am not comfortable with giving them access to everything, and then put it to SLT as an item for discussion.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread